Batch training females using hotkeys doesn't work

feneur

As far as I remember it has been possible to queue batch training using Shift + Z, but now it doesn't seem to work. At first I thought it was all, but after some more testing I've realized that it only affects batch training females (I assume it affects all units trained using the Z key, but I've only tested it in an early game and thus am only sure it affects females).

I have tested Alpha 18 and it worked there, so it's got to be something that's changed since that which affects it.

I'll gladly post a ticket, just want to have it tested by someone else first to be sure it's not just something I do/that only affects me :P

• Like 1

I have the same problem here. The hotkey is broken too in the barracks.

The reason it is broken is a duplicate definition of the shift+Z combination. At least CTRL+shift+Z is used for some camera zooming and when I remove this hotkey from "default.cfg" the Z batches are working again. I am speaking about romoving line 200 in "default.cfg":

zoom.speed.increase = "Ctrl+Shift+Z"          ; Increase zoom speed

We can solve this problem by changing this hotkey too.

Similar issue on Shift+S. If I am hold Shift down (for whatever reason) I can move camera with WAD but not S (for backward camera move). Look like in default.cfg there is this which conflict:

scroll.speed.increase = "Ctrl+Shift+S" ; Increase scroll speed

I think think like scroll speed should be put in options menu, noit with hotkey that add conflicts. :)

But root cause seem to be that the engine does not look for complete key press sequence, only partial? Very odd. It seems to be wanting me to press Ctrl too. "Please press Ctrl to complete hotkey sequence!" the game is begging me, "No you can't move camera back until you do as I ask." ;)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1