Imperial Romans

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Yeah your mod is best mod talk about gameplay ( own / original) and adding extra civs, from Vanilla timeframe. It's like the mod that I dream create, because Romans and adding Civs like Sarmatians/ Scythians, own style games , very pronounced, very straight forward.

I wonder if we can use existing code to make packing building. I think they can have 'Ox Cart' for dropsite like the Norse in AOM (and like the Worker Elephant for Mauryan). All other building can pack up and be move, including Civic Center. They should have cheapest building of all civs in the tgame, but also the weakest of all civ (can be easily destroy by poking with sword). Something like 1/2 health of even Celtic building.

Not sure yet if the Huns/Scythians/Sarmatians/steppes civ should have territory effect at all. Maybe they can have civic center territorty radius like in Delenda Est, but bigger, and they can build all buildings anywhere they want. Their Civic Center territory just prevent other player from building there, like Gaia creep in AOM or Zerg creep in Starcraft.

-----------------

Anyway, here is new unit for Principate Romans: Civis Romanum (Roman Citizen):

taFd9Oo.png

He is very good at building buildings, although his queue only have civic and economic structure. He also have "Slave Ownership" aura that boost nearby Slave productivity by +25%. He is expensive for a citizen unit, at 50 mc1IVBW.png and ---> 2 Fo3YSzo.png. He is also 100 health and only train at Civic Center. PS: I wish these new mesh have more animation asap. Also, I had to hand-edit some of the dae to put cape prop point on.

TOokBZy.png

Here is Onager portrait for now. It have no real texture or animation yet. It based on actor I find in Atlas. I think maybe Onager can be the only catapult in the game that does not have to pack up to move (has wheels instead and dudes slowly push around).

3UI7Yjx.pngMm3vMXV.png

50 B0UAj5F.png1 Fo3YSzo.png25 mc1IVBW.png25 B0UAj5F.png1 Fo3YSzo.png

Here are the slaves. They cannot build building, they can only gather resource. Male Slave (Servus) and Female Slave (Serva). All slave lose health until they die of overwork. I wish I could make it so that they only lose health when working. Male slave (good at mining) is train from Storehouse and female slave (good at farming and foraging) train from Farmstead. They also have low health and are good at dying. Train limit of 30 (I wish I could scale limits with match pop cap).

8xQ4sIi.png

"Slave Quarters" tech (200 mc1IVBW.png200 c74X0Gq.png) reduce slave pop cost to 0.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

with nomads tribes the AOM style that you mentioned above and adding the bonus from no houses Huns/ Mongols from AoK. I like your idea about territory but they are dependent ( their territory, where is the CC) the CC is strong as a Military settlement but when is packed or when is in cart form is very weak, they buildings are hard to capture, may be can train double units at the barrack like marines or zerlings ( 2 by the price of one) in SCBut have low farming but huge animal livestocking , their infantry is weak, their cavalry is powerful

And their women can train as archers units.

Their defense is weak, don't have stone towers , their palisades will be cheap, they lack of walls, but they have bonus with outpost having more garrison, more strong defense stat, more HP, hard to capture, a possible tactic with this factions is Outpost rush, like tower rush in AoK , their marvel can be Sacred Tombs.

For my the style of this civ is a rusher , with spamming troops and outpost, wooden tower have more garrison but less defense.

They have a ox cart or wagon

They need keep drain food resources have bonus gathering from hunt and foraging, but very quickly.

They have huge capture bonus vs Fortress and Siege engines.

-----this need new features------

Their special abilities are they can capture CC but assimilating this concept means steal units and tech from enemy and adapting.

The other ability is raze and sack is like gathering and destroy they destroy farms but gathers at same time per hit, and have huge loot.

That's my brainstorming for now considering some please. :)

I think Huns/Scythians should still have house - The Yurt. Cheap 50c74X0Gq.png, very weak (100hp), gives 5Fo3YSzo.png, builds in half time of Celtic house. Buildable anywhere. I think they could get a lot of resource from raiding? Use a auto tech to make them better looters (see Delenda Est "Vae Victos" tech for Gauls).

• Like 1

ojMpBnj.png

Good job Stanislas! The prop point for all of the new unit mesh need tweak for the helmet prop point. It just need rotated forward a little bit. (Also, all the new meshes need the cape prop point fix, maybe other too.)

I think we could use some more prop for these nice unit mesh. The current quiver could use redone (slightly bigger for the bigger meshes and just made better, better textures too). The Roman units need Gladius scabbards made. Empty scabbard (for sword dude) and scabbard with sword in it (for archer guy there) -- same goes for Greek scabbard too (and others). I also think there can be slightly bigger version of the recurve bow.

Legionarius (Elite)
Based on Trajan's Column (Dacian Wars)

IevvIdn.pngHvv8SDY.png

Legionarius (Basic)

Augustan-era, early 1st Century AD.

ggwKIX7.png

Syrian Auxiliary Archer

2nd Century AD, attached to Eastern legions.

rt409hH.pngHpV1G8H.png

Guys, these made with asset in public art svn depository. I use pieces from here added to pieces from there, and then get good result. If you are modder you need to download this repository.

Well I am trying to make them compatible with the old armature so we can keep the old anims.

Some of the old anims are not good, but it would be very big boost to be able to keep the old ones and eventually replace the bad ones and keep the good ones (the sword attack anims are decent). A lot of the old idle animation are very bad for instance.

Some of the old anims are not good, but it would be very big boost to be able to keep the old ones and eventually replace the bad ones and keep the good ones (the sword attack anims are decent). A lot of the old idle animation are very bad for instance.

Well basically that would allow us to use the new units meshes at least. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20071

Since they are no artist left, that'd be cool :D

Hi stan. Can you make variation of Imperial Gallic G helmet with a crest? Front to back, vertical, for Elite Legionarius. Would probably be easy to just use the Legion helmet model already in game and add the crest. Helmet texture alread in game rome_gallic_g_cent.dds has player color for crest.

Like this guy on the left, maybe 1 variation with crest only and 1 with crest and feather.

d64f68fe1dc3dc2b3c31f7f56df263c7.jpg

• Like 1

Some modification for Dacian campaigns 8Kx6m8Z.jpg

I think this could be champion infantry: Praefectus Evocatorum. He is wear Lorica Plumata, a very expsnive shirt of armor. He might be a Praetorian, but could be also an officer of the Evocati, who make hella good wage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there isnt a name to diferenciate Auxilia Infantry between missile javelin , spear and swordman.

but some misile are not hard to name like Funditores(slinger) and Auxilia Sagittarii (Syrian Archer). but javeliner are same as spear. Auxiliar Infantry

there are the Lanciari

Lanciari.jpg

lanciarii.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen