[FIXED] libraries / spidermonkey compile issue

HI in order to compile a fresh version of the source from today, I had to copy the patches in the source/spidermonkey/build.sh file into the osx/build-osx-libs.sh file.

I am running the latest version of the xcode command line tools and cmake on 10.10.5 and followed the normal build instructions for osx.

By default build.sh is never called, and thus the patches it contains are never executed, and the compile fails with errors. This took me quite some time to figure out - is that a bug, or an undocumented feature? Any way around that?

cheers

etzard

Edited by ed0816
  • Like 1

Hi Primus

the patch is working fine on my mac.

fyi - It might make sense to add in some Mac.os.x Q&A to have all windows closed, as otherwise the script will break (.DS files cannot be deleted).

btw - after I turned on all optimizations in Clang on, the frame rates became quite impressive (>80 frames/sec for medium sized scenarios). Yet, the mail loop seems to know no idle and/or timers so that at least on the mac 100% CPU is burned even if no units are moving, etc. Would you know the name for the main loops where I could tweak that myself?

Cheers

Ed

Hi Primus

the patch is working fine on my mac.

fyi - It might make sense to add in some Mac.os.x Q&A to have all windows closed, as otherwise the script will break (.DS files cannot be deleted).

btw - after I turned on all optimizations in Clang on, the frame rates became quite impressive (>80 frames/sec for medium sized scenarios). Yet, the mail loop seems to know no idle and/or timers so that at least on the mac 100% CPU is burned even if no units are moving, etc. Would you know the name for the main loops where I could tweak that myself?

Cheers

Ed

Hey, Primus is the title, Yves is the name. I think you might want to have a look at main.cpp ?

If you come up with tweaks, it would be nice that you create a ticket on trac, and submit your optimizations :)

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/

See the programmer subsection on that page :)