PRAISE THE GODS! New Age of Mythology title in development!

I'm pretty sure most of us are fans of the Age of Empires franchise, and some of us (myself included) hold Age of Mythology even more dearly. It was announced that Forgotten Empires and Skybox are developing a new AoM game:

http://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-mythology-tale-of-the-dragon-announcement

My old prayers have been answered :notworthy:

• Like 1

Yeah, was some revealed some moths ago, but now with a official announcement.

I wish more expansions than this, one with Mayans( pre columbian myths) or Romans ( mythology)

Unfortunately, this one is featuring seemingly only the Chinese, I really wish the Indians and Mayas would join the fight.

Funny how the chinese barracks look like the one from Rob Kimball's Han China mod.

Actually all the barracks (all the buildings, to be precise), have the same template, the only things that change architectually. from civ to civ are the ornaments. I think buildings in Rise of the East look better, but I'm very excited to play this expansion (just think about a Chinese dragon unit!).

Yeah but when they announced this in other AOE franchise (AOE 2 HD aFrican...) they show chinese, celts and Arabian mythology

If they have success like AOE HD the Forgotten and Age of Mythology Extended edition, they can't stop easily. You know the industry selling DLCs.

My mistake they don't announced , the fans supposed because this.( June 23th)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1067222

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

now the conversion is possibly with monks in AOM. I play myself, after some patches, but still not big deal, is very unprofessional work for a dev team, the only good looking work in art was the sound and the new menu, may be art copied from AOE 3.

rise of east for 0.AD have a georgeous models, this look a poor copy of our mod.

Will give some screenshots about this. What is the more important in gameplay, unit conversion, attack move, new maps, and buildings like gardens have auto gathering resources, like AOE 3 have those buildings for Asians factions and some Europeans.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
27 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

It would have looked better with Mesoamerican mythology.

There is a lot of building that is not Aztec.

It is worth noting that it is a mod, but I still find it very poor in terms of accuracy.

I'm not very familiar with Aztec mythology, but about the architecture I think it's OK, putting it in perspective to other Mythologic models.

0ad's mythological mod could benefit from an update at this point.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I'm not very familiar with Aztec mythology, but about the architecture I think it's OK, putting it in perspective to other Mythologic models.

0ad's mythological mod could benefit from an update at this point.

The problem with the mythological mod is that it needs monster models.

I am not familiar with Aztec mythology either. But if I remember the pre-Hispanic myths there was even a sticker album with mythology and culture from the Navarrete publishing house.

The important myths is the creation for example.

The serpent dragon among others.

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The problem with the mythological mod is that it needs monster models.

I am not familiar with Aztec mythology either. But if I remember the pre-Hispanic myths there was even a sticker album with mythology and culture from the Navarrete publishing house.

The important myths is the creation for example.

The serpent dragon among others.

@Lopess

https://delval.edu/blog/hun-hunahpu-mayan-maize-god#:~:text=This 

The gods who lived in the sky and sea wanted someone to praise them. They tried several animals, but unfortunately, none of them worked, and they settled on trying to figure out how to make the best human. Our story takes a turn when we meet the two brothers named One and Seven Hunahpu. The brothers were very talented at playing a ball game. Unfortunately, the court where they played their ball game was right above where the gods of Xibalba (underworld) lived. The gods didn’t like how much noise the boys made and invited them to play the ball game down in Xibalba. When the boys got there, it was a trick, and they died. Luckily, One Hunahpu had twins named Hunahpu and Xbalanque. The two boys were also very gifted at the ballgame. They played on the same court, and the gods of Xibalba were annoyed to hear all the noise again. They asked for them to come to play at their court. But this time, the boys were far too bright and outwitted the gods. They had several different creatures help them. 

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...