making some artistic cutscene videos

Hi,

I want to animate the characters and make a little story. I know the format is in collada (.dae) but i dont know how

to create a non-game scenery where my actors can play new animation without acting like units in a game.

For exemple, i want to make Leonidas ride a bicycle in a Gauls village.

At the end, make a cutscene for every scenario map.

thx

Bhaa, dont have time with school (lets say.. not my priority to go into the code)

But as one have the assets (models, anims, decorum) and something like Atlas editor,

making something like a garry mod (click-drop, animate, camera) shouldn't be a lot of extra-work. (and make new anim into Atlas ?)

What u think ?

I always believe that once a easy toy is made for amateur artists, you will see a huge jump of public visibility of the game.

At the bottom,one can see very good cutscenes being made introducing each scenario. This will lead people wanting to make a true story line.

I.e : summarize the honorum-cursus of Alexander the Great through 10 map-missions with 10 introducing cutscenes.

Well I love the theory unfortunately reality is not that simple. There are some maths to do to convert the anims into something usable by the game. Being able to select each bone in Atlas, move them and then record the motion is not going to be easy, let apart the fact of it looking cool.

There are only two volunteer and highly talented artist that work for the game currently and that are able to add new stuff to the game.

But if you want an animation editor into Atlas, you can make a ticket on Trac, wait until someone does it or find someone to do it. Trompetin17 is currently reworking Atlas, you might want to drop by on Irc and ask him for his input on that.

• Like 1