Game immediately crashes. Is SSE2 a requirement?

codyw1996

I am trying to run the game on my dual processor Pentium III windows XP machine, but it immediately crashes.

Is this game compatible with the 686 architecture or does it require the sse2 instruction set?

When I try to run the program pyrogenises.exe from the folder c:/../../Application Data\0 A.D. alpha\binaries\system\ I see an immediate message box that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000001d)Click ok to terminate the program."

My PC is powerful enough to run the game, but I'm not sure if this game requires the sse2 instruction set.

PC specs:

CPU(s): 2x 1.5ghz Pentium III processors
Graphics: Radeon HD 4670 with 1 gigabyte of vram.
RAM: 3 gigabytes

post-20109-0-42295000-1438614652_thumb.j

Was fixed in response to your ticket, by removing a build flag. You could compile the current release with SSE2 disabled if you don't want to wait for the next release.

I'd prefer that was left enabled, to be honest - the vast majority of pre-Core2 boxes will never run 0ad playably in any case, so reducing performance for everyone else doesn't seem like a good trade-off.

Was fixed in response to your ticket, by removing a build flag. You could compile the current release with SSE2 disabled if you don't want to wait for the next release.

I'd prefer that was left enabled, to be honest - the vast majority of pre-Core2 boxes will never run 0ad playably in any case, so reducing performance for everyone else doesn't seem like a good trade-off.

Actually It was only used on windows so, not everybody else :P

Which might have been a no-op, since VS2012 changed the default to use SSE2. Someone actually testing the latest autobuild might help, else we'd need to add /arch:IA32 to prevent it from generating SSE2 instructions (which also disables SSE which might need explicit enabling then).

There aren't a lot of doubles in the code, and even floats aren't used in a lot of places. So the benefit of SSE2 on performance might not be that huge (if at all).