Implementing Mercenary Camps

So, I implement mercenary camps in my mod. They work good. A couple of problem:

1. Is there way to make them not deleteable?

2. Is there way to make them have infinite health (or no health, only capture)?

3. AI always deletes them when they capture them. lol

Thank you.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

They next step is create the train templates per biome middle eastern units for a middle eastern biomes

And for each biome have 2 or 3 combination of units, I was create a basic list you can combine them

---

My idea is train 4-6 different units per mercenary camp

Balanced between ( basic) cheap vs elite x 2 or Basic vs Advanced vs Elite x2

1. No, there isn't yet, though I would like to have that setting too, but it might complicate development when we don't have the ability to delete an annoying tree or Bush in the dev overlay (f.e. one that blocks the ai). So we need to be a bit careful with this feature, and the ai would also need to understand it can't delete something.

2. It should be possible by just not giving an armour component. However there are probably some bugs with this, as it's never used in the main game. Health is also needed for capturing, as it influences the capture speed (though we could also assume default capture speed when no health component is present.)

3. See the other two.

Having delatable as an entity property somewhere would also open the door to easier implement deconstruction as a unit action that takes time and/or resources. Not sure if we want that, but opening the door for mods to implement this isn't bad for sure.

• Like 1

1. No, there isn't yet, though I would like to have that setting too, but it might complicate development when we don't have the ability to delete an annoying tree or Bush in the dev overlay (f.e. one that blocks the ai). So we need to be a bit careful with this feature, and the ai would also need to understand it can't delete something.

2. It should be possible by just not giving an armour component. However there are probably some bugs with this, as it's never used in the main game. Health is also needed for capturing, as it influences the capture speed (though we could also assume default capture speed when no health component is present.)

<Armour disable=""/> works for invulnerability, but unit still attacks the building when task to attack. hmm. WAIT I GOT IT: <Attack><RestrictedClasses datatype="tokens">MercenaryCamp</RestrictedClasses> can work!

3. See the other two.

Having delatable as an entity property somewhere would also open the door to easier implement deconstruction as a unit action that takes time and/or resources. Not sure if we want that, but opening the door for mods to implement this isn't bad for sure.

EDIT: Using RestrictedClasses still allow units to manually target the Mercenary Camp but they will not attack it. This will have to do for now until the time comes.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Imo it's a bug to do anything else. Components should not rely on other components being there unless it makes complete sense (e.g. Armour requiring Health).
  • Like 1