Units donation

stico

Anyone can add units to the game, like when creating a mod. I just wanted to know if you tried it.

I added to Civilisation 3 mod but I have no interest to add it to any other mod. I don't even play games now.

Apart from flc animations you can download yourself from links above I can offer rendered frames for spirit animations, animated models and textures.

Did you consider adding them to the Opengameart.org database ?

I don't mind but I don't want to do that myself. I have over 300 units, that too much hassle.

That is a nice collection of units. It looks like quite a bit of work that you put into the mod! Thank you for the offer :)

What software did you use to make them? What kind of animations did you make for the Civ mod? What file formats could you share (3D, textures)?

That's ok. I hope that all this pack will have a second life somewhere in the digital world :)

Yes, it took me few weeks to do them. I did it in Blender, that's free software. All animations you can find underneath each image with unit line. FLC, that's the format I use for Civ3 but that's export only taken from regular jpg's. FLC's you can open in QuickTime. I offer (not in here but in separate file) native Blender files with all animated character in it as you can see on images.

@Lion

You can make a props from them or use animations as they are. You don't have to do anything just press play... but that's in Blender. I don't know how you do your units for 0 AD. Textures and materials also will be included and animations frames (jpg's) in eight directions. Files have probably 60GB all together. I can send you link to my server on PM.

Edited by stico

Hey stico thanks for the offer you can contact me by P.m. for the link if you want we will use them. In 0ad you dont have to bake jpgs the engine knows how to use bones and stuff.

Though I ´m really amazed you made that in a few weeks. Thanks for the gift and feel free to contribute more if you find the time :)

• Like 1

@Lion - Yes, 60GB but if you don't need rendered frames then probably all files will have 6-10GB.

I have to organize my files first, separate blend files with mesh and animation from jpgs. I will probably send it to Stanislas sometimes next week.

In attachment you can find my one reference animated unit. This is mid poly I am afraid. I guess for 0AD you need low poly. Have a look and let me know if this is suitable for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aczqh9mg3ixgay0/spearman.zip?dl=0