Can't install alpha 18

Led

And do you know when version in the backports are updated?

From the IRC:

<fcxSanya> vincent_c, is 0ad a18 going to be included into wheezy-backports or it can't be due to missing dependencies or something? (see http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19744 for the original question)<vincent_c> fcxSanya: it won't be included in wheezy-backports because it can't migrate to jessie during debian's freeze<fcxSanya> vincent_c, should we advise people on wheezy to compile from source or there some other alternative?<vincent_c> tbh, if they care about having up to date software, they should just update to sid<vincent_c> that's generally the most painfree way of getting updated software in debian<vincent_c> but otherwise, yes, they'll have to compile 0ad themselves until the freeze ends and I can upload a18 to jessie-backports<vincent_c> (a18 is already available in sid, if they're willing to run sid...)

sorry;

cd 0ad/build/workspaces./update-workspaces.sh   >  that had worked,but only from filesystem not with the teminalcd gcc                   >  there is no gcc in the whole source data?make -j3

"it failed" is not a proper error description. Possibly you either didn't pass --with-system-nvtt or didn't install cmake. But without an error log that is impossible to know.

I have installed cmake

now there is an error:

output/libFColladaSD.a
output/libFColladaSR.a

Building SpiderMonkey...

Package nspr was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nspr.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'nspr' found
ERROR: SpiderMonkey build failed

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nspr.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable? > what is meaned by that?

here I come not trough :

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp: In static member function ‘static void* CNetServerWorker::SetupUPnP(void*)’:
../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:239:55: error: too many arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int)’
In file included from ../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:37:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:45:26: note: declared here
../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:279:67: error: too many arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’
In file included from ../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:38:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:123:1: note: declared here
../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:295:36: error: too many arguments to function ‘int UPNP_GetSpecificPortMappingEntry(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, char*, char*)’
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:159:1: note: declared here
Linking mongoose
==== Building mocks_test (release) ====
Creating obj/mocks_test_Release
mocks_test.cpp
make[1]: *** [obj/network_Release/NetServer.o] Fehler 1
make: *** [network] Fehler 2
make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...

here I come not trough :

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp: In static member function ‘static void* CNetServerWorker::SetupUPnP(void*)’:

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:239:55: error: too many arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int)’

In file included from ../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:37:0:

/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:45:26: note: declared here

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:279:67: error: too many arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’

/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:123:1: note: declared here

../../../source/network/NetServer.cpp:295:36: error: too many arguments to function ‘int UPNP_GetSpecificPortMappingEntry(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, char*, char*)’

/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:159:1: note: declared here

Linking mongoose

==== Building mocks_test (release) ====

Creating obj/mocks_test_Release

mocks_test.cpp

make[1]: *** [obj/network_Release/NetServer.o] Fehler 1

make: *** [network] Fehler 2

make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...

Looks like API differences from a very old version of MiniUpnpc. You will need a newer version to build the game (unless we add support for that old API, but it's not there now)

I just wanted to note here for Fedora users, there is a build of 18 for Fedora 21+ if you use:

sudo yum install 0ad --enablerepo=updates-testing

Typically I build from the source, but I recently found this out while looking to get back in with 18. Figured I would go ahead and share it here =)

Edited by +f0r3v3r+
  • Like 1