About Chinese (Taiwan) mod font

Hi, I am one of the translator of Chinese (Taiwan) language of 0ad.

I saw the announcement in Transifex today. The announcement reads it will be good for us to find a propriate font for Chinese (Taiwan) language to make the mod.

I would like to suggest "Source Han Sans TW" subset OTF, and "Normal" style. Regular style is kind of heavy for reading some long text.

And Source Han Sans is Apache license. This is a sans-serif style open CJK font.

The other suggestion is "Droid Sans Fallback". It released under Apache license too. And it is a sans-serif style open CJK font. However, there are many glyphs in this font does not follow our conventions to write Chinese here. I do not encourge to adpot this one.

Edited by zerng07
  • Like 3

Oh,hey,I am the other one Chinese(Taiwan) Translator of 0ad.

Yeah,I also prefer Source Han Sans TW, it is more suitable for reading on Traditional Chinese reading.

Droid Sans Fallback is a fallback option if we can't use a OTF font,but not encouraged,too.

You're welcome! Hope we can include all translated locales in future official release :D

Thanks for the input! That choice of font is similar to what was suggested in a similar topic about the Japanese font pack, so that should be fine.

The previous version of the font pack used Micro Hei, which includes quite a lot of glyphs and this causes a not really needed increase in memory usage of the game.