[RESOLVED] Trader bug after market destroyed & new market built

Pithawk

There seems to be a bug with traders. This is what happens:

1) Market (my own or ally) has been destroyed by an enemy and I build a new one

2) I reassign the new market (right click) on another market

3) I select traders and right click on ally market

4) Traders stop at ally market and do nothing

There is a topic saying the same thing, but only to enemies and neutral:

"But if you set the destination point and create a trader/merchant ship, the trader/merchant ship just goes to that market/dock and stops there. So it's not possible to trade with enemy or neutral players (the same goes for gaia markets)."

There was a ticket that has perhaps already dealt with this issue for A18?

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/15854

But you assign origin and destination?

Thanks Lion, good point. Yes, I assigned both origin and destination in the case where I was trading with myself.

Eventually I got it working again, but in both cases I sent all my traders back to my origin market before trying again to go to the destination market. Perhaps the traders need to be filled with resources from the origin market before being able to trade with the destination market?

Thanks Lion, good point. Yes, I assigned both origin and destination in the case where I was trading with myself.

Eventually I got it working again, but in both cases I sent all my traders back to my origin market before trying again to go to the destination market. Perhaps the traders need to be filled with resources from the origin market before being able to trade with the destination market?

to order a route you need click in market and and then click in the market B.

Thanks again.

I see now, there are two scenarios for starting trade routes:

1) Click on origin market, right click on another market to set it as the default trading route. Traders built out of the origin market will now directly route to the default market.

2) Click on trader(s). Right click on destination market, then right click again on origin market (or perhaps vice versa when trading with allies).

It even nicely points this out in-game when I hover over the markets...but both games I mentioned earlier were multiplayer and I didn't have time to look :S

• Like 1