Alpha 18 Name Suggestions

Itms

Winning Rododactylos would be hard, but I suggest Alpha XVIII Rubico. The Rubicon river it's famous for the latin phrase "Alea Jacta Est", that means "the die it's cast". I think that fits cause 0 A.D have been developped long ago and there's no turning back considering the efforts and I think that a Beta it's near. Also I think that you would finish the game. :thumbsup:

That's a really interesting possibility, too!

The development team has decided in January 2013, and rightly so, that the most important was solving the performance issues.

Most important performance issue is pathfinding. Has been for a long time, since "January 2013" and before that date. Nothing come close. And Even after January 2013 many gameplay addition happen, so your arbitrary dismissing of my concern is foolish. If performance issue is #1 priority why no fix to pathfinding and why such big focus on poorly balancing the game? Big focus on balancing a game without many of its gameplay features yet committed. Says there is no stomach for adding more feature since are "balancing" game as it is, without new features. Why would you balance a game without its features implemented? No features coming is why. Meanwhile #1 performance priority is unfixed. And alphas are released with no discerned planned feature set.

Rubico would be a good alpha name.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Most important performance issue is pathfinding. Has been for a long time, since "January 2013" and before that date. Nothing come close. And Even after January 2013 many gameplay addition happen, so your arbitrary dismissing of my concern is foolish. If performance issue is #1 priority why no fix to pathfinding and why such big focus on poorly balancing the game? Big focus on balancing a game without many of its gameplay features yet committed. Says there is no stomach for adding more feature since are "balancing" game as it is, without new features. Why would you balance a game without its features implemented? No features coming is why. Meanwhile #1 performance priority is unfixed. And alphas are released with no discerned planned feature set.

I don't know which hardware you play on, but the renderer and UI fixes from a14 to a17 were a real improvement for me on the side of general lag. I'm looking forward to the new pathfinder because the lag pikes still remain, but everything's not negative, and the devs are doing a great job.

I agree on the fact that stuff like charging and trampling, delayed damage and spreading, secondary weapons and formation bonuses should be implemented before we can have a proper idea of the different units' strengths and weaknesses in the final state of the game, and balance them accordingly, but right now some people want to be able to play the game in its current state, and they are making the balance changes for it. Why whould you try to stop them ? If they are able to quicky balance the game now, they will be able to do it at every gameplay change, I have no worry about it. And they're not delaying the progress of the game either, not more than modeling new civs is delaying development : balancing the templates and implementing new features into the engine are different kind of jobs.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...