===[COMMITTED]=== New Animation (Work in progress)

Jos3BV

+Farming
+Carry Grain/Fruit
+Meat Gathering

there is no gameplay because i'm having some troubles with the prop in the back bones. I'll fix it soon enough.

I wish units would move slower when they are shuttling the resource (like in Age of Empire). That way it can be upgraded (maybe we can actually add wheelbarrows and hand carts to the shutting animations too).

That it's not up to me, it's a great idea. i would love to make any animation even more if it makes a difference with other games.

I don't understand something. If the bag of seeds is carriable on the back why is she holding it ? She should have her arms like this maybe :

Yea, I just wanted to make it look more heavier. i'll fix that later

as you can see i have a plenty of time...for now, And Yesterday i came up with an idea to make a little animation for the logo of 0AD, i'll upload it in a couple of days. It's no much but maybe you like it. Here you have an advance about how it's looks like.

post-19459-0-78628000-1421811819_thumb.j

Edited by Jos3BV
  • Like 1

+Farming

+Carry Grain/Fruit

+Meat Gathering

there is no gameplay because i'm having some troubles with the prop in the back bones. I'll fix it soon enough.

That it's not up to me, it's a great idea. i would love to make any animation even more if it makes a difference with other games.

Yea, I just wanted to make it look more heavier. i'll fix that later

as you can see i have a plenty of time...for now, And Yesterday i came up with an idea to make a little animation for the logo of 0AD, i'll upload it in a couple of days. It's no much but maybe you like it. Here you have an advance about how it's looks like.

attachicon.gif2_0090.jpg

They already have an intro here :)

But upload it somewhere, who knows it might be useful.

I want to first say that the quality of your animations is amazing! They look so good and add some nice *oomf* to the units. You may want to tweak the Carry Grain animation though, it looks like that may hurt her arms! Also, I feel like if she carried the meat like that, it would tear really easy and fall on the ground. I think maybe a two handed animation would look a bit better. Besides that, everything looks great!

attachicon.gif2_0090.jpg

Nice work on the animations, it is good to see some new animations since the once I did 10 years ago :)

I like where you are going with that animated logo. I like the use of depth of field.

+Carry Grain/fruit

+Slaughter

+Carry Meat

I think maybe every death animations must be finish in the center of the model, so there would be no problem like the one you see in the meat gathering video

I'll finish all the FC's animations and then i'll check and try everything you ask
  • Like 3

As reported here : http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1437 A fishing animation of a unit would help to make a design decision on the ticket. If you can try to make that anim too :) Also you can make a fishing rod and rig it to make it even more realistic.

In the design doc this anim is missing (Enrique made it some time ago), And those too :

- Double Rowing

- Simple Rowing

- Boat Fishing

- Land Fishing.

Example (using current in game anims) :

post-12287-0-58270500-1421881736_thumb.p

• Like 1

As reported here : http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1437 A fishing animation of a unit would help to make a design decision on the ticket. If you can try to make that anim too :) Also you can make a fishing rod and rig it to make it even more realistic.

In the design doc this anim is missing (Enrique made it some time ago), And those too :

- Double Rowing

- Simple Rowing

- Boat Fishing

- Land Fishing.

Example (using current in game anims) :

attachicon.gifscreenshot0243.png

Should'nt be a net instead of a fishing rod?

I don't think have extra animations bother anyone.

If it's possibly have 2 variants to same action can be nice for game aesthetic.

that's what i have on mind, but making change on the animation from an upgrade tech? that implies programing too, animate isn't the problem

Edited by Jos3BV

I forgot to mention it: IMHO. But the two variants works too.

Ademas no creo que sea tan difícil hacer la tecnología, seria añadir y modificar algunos xml y voila!. Por cierto @jos3VB que genialidad lo que estas haciendo :notworthy:

Edited by Skhorn

Habría que preguntar si es compatible antes de comenzar a hacer esas variables; por ahora me preocuparé de hacer las animaciones principales :)

los soldados tienen variantes con sus ataques principalmente lanceros y espadachines.

English

The soldiers have some variances in their animations, example Swordman and Spearman when attacks

I think is possibly add variance to animations and/ or unlock an animation to fishing rod. As you say we can ask.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I would make the rowing animations separate from the main model. That way they can be separated from the boat when it sinks (fall out). As it is currently, the oars would fall towards the bottom of the ship because they are parented to the boat. Since the boat randomly angles when sinking, the oars wouldn't sink properly. Also, we would need separate masts with their own destruction animations. This will allow us to have sunken ships on the bottom without masts sticking so far out of the water.

Masts animation ticket:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2986

Ship sink ticket: (requires the above ticket to be done first for best results)

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2461

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 2

The carry meat animantion is actually one of the good ones to me. Looks like a nice biig Auroch steak. The meat cutting is good too.

overall I think the mining, chopping, running, and walking need the most work. The mining and chopping just doesnt look natural to me, like she is an 80 year old pensioner with sciatica in her back. ;)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

The slaughter animation don't looks she is killing an animal, look like she is fighting with him

Mat be slice over head, having the knife down. Or killing with club hitting in the head.

I think the issue is that it has to work for all animals. Otherwise there would have to be different animations for each and every animal that can be slaughtered.

• Like 1

I think the issue is that it has to work for all animals. Otherwise there would have to be different animations for each and every animal that can be slaughtered.

That's exactly why i did that way.
But I was thinking about and some post ago somebody said that there could be an a hunt animation, that could solves the problem between slaughter a sheep (who keep still meantime they are slaughtered) and hunting a moving deer (throwing a spear or a bow and arrow, I don't know). And that will make it more realistic, i doubt that a peasant fights with a knife to hunt a deer. Like i said before, if the game engine can support them, i have no problem with making any animation :D
Edited by Jos3BV
  • Like 3