===[COMMITTED]=== New Animation (Work in progress)

Jos3BV

Keep it up, even if you don't have the textures yet do you manage to transfer the anims at least ?

Animation and scale are ok, now i'm looking for the textures. xml file seems to be ok, there must be a problem with the mesh properties in c4d, i'm on it

• Like 1

Well it must have at least one uvmap at most 2, nor more than one material.

you know where i can find the models before they were Exported to Collada ? a blender file or whatever (it seems that the problem lays on the collada importer of any software, even on blender)

Art sources are supposed to be in this SVN repo: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk but I don't know if what you want is there (yet).

you know where i can find the models before they were Exported to Collada ? a blender file or whatever (it seems that the problem lays on the collada importer of any software, even on blender)

The source files are only 3DSMax. If you want the new armature/meshes it's in the blendfile Enrique provided.

I was stupidly using directly .dae files from SVN to make the animations. Now i took the blender file and use fbx exporting, open with cinema and then animate...it was my fault all the time jeje Now it's ok, i'll have to make all over again but it isn't a problem.

• Like 3

This is very very good news! :)

hey! how can i put all the animations on the model and move it in the atlas? if i make a copy of the actual female citizen and change all the .dae sources will it work? how can i make it a playable unit?

I wanna test every animation and see how they work with each other.

hey! how can i put all the animations on the model and move it in the atlas? if i make a copy of the actual female citizen and change all the .dae sources will it work? how can i make it a playable unit?

I wanna test every animation and see how they work with each other.

No that's not how it works. Each anim should be stored in 0AD\binaries\data\mods\public\art\animation\biped\new

In the actor.xml (in art\actors\hellenes\newunit_fem.Xml)

In that file

<animations>        <animation file="biped/new/fem_idle_long.dae" name="Idle" speed="100"/>        <animation file="biped/new/fem_idle_short.dae" name="Idle" speed="100"/>      </animations>

you should add for each animation file a line here. The names are Idle,Walk,Run,carry_meat,attack_ranged,attack_slaughter,death etc.

Tweaking the speed will change the animation speed.

To make it a playable unit, you'll have to create a template for it.

EDIT : I attached the file you have to put it in data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/

New_Female_Test.xml

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

Not likely. However he can still provide the C4D files when he will be done :)

I can provide you a .FBX. Apparently blender has no compatibily with c4d, but 3dmax can import it, I already tried.

obviously i can give you .c4d files before they are "backed up"

anyway i strongly recommend you to use Cinema 4d for animations, is very simple and easily to get use to it

I can provide you a .FBX. Apparently blender has no compatibily with c4d, but 3dmax can import it, I already tried.

obviously i can give you .c4d files before they are "backed up"

anyway i strongly recommend you to use Cinema 4d for animations, is very simple and easily to get use to it

Most of the team is using Blender (Mainly because it's open source) That's why everything was done on blender :)