===[COMMITTED]=== New Animation (Work in progress)

Jos3BV

Yes, c4d work's on:

3D Studio (.3ds)

Allplan (.xml)

Bullet (.bullet)

COLLADA 1.4 (.dae)

COLLADA 1.5 (.dae)

Direct 3D (.x)

DXF (.dxf)

FBX (.fbx)

Illustrator (.ai)

RIB (.rib)

STL (.stl)

VRML 2 (.wrl)

Wavefront (.obj)

Could you upload the FBX here ? :)

Also make sure you are using 1.4 and not 1.5 :)

• Like 1

Import is bad in Blender and 3dsmax, though in 3dsmax only the weights are lost.

Do you have any options to apply scale ?

Also which axis is up on C4D ? In Blender and 0 A.D Y is up.

use this

http://www.mediafire.com/view/mxkab9m67ef220c/f_dress.dae

it's a non animated rigged character taken directly from the game and exported from C4d. If there's no problem means that i'm doing something wrong with the animations.

And XYZ axis are universal, also for cinema 4D

Maybe the section here about Collada works? (It is already rather old but I hope it still works)

http://paengpaeng.com/2008/12/animation-export-from-cinema-4d-to-blender/

Thanks, i'll see if that works

Edited by Jos3BV

I like the gathering fruit loop :) nice work.

The building loop seems harder notice she's hammering. Maybe exaggerate it some more making the arm rise higher? closer to the actual animation (aoe style)

About the problem exporting... seems the problem is the bone's orientation, which may differ when exported from c4d. Do you have any options when exporting?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-1000014.html

Try this.. For now I can't import it/fix it, sorry about that. Can you try 1.5 collada also ? We never know.

Also, I don't know if you can but try to test it on C4D R16, they fixed broken files on the release notes.

I hope if I can't fix it you won't be discouraged to work with Blender. I am really sorry...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-1000014.html

Try this.. For now I can't import it/fix it, sorry about that. Can you try 1.5 collada also ? We never know.

Also, I don't know if you can but try to test it on C4D R16, they fixed broken files on the release notes.

I hope if I can't fix it you won't be discouraged to work with Blender. I am really sorry...

5ltrtz8422ij9b6zg.jpg

I'm close to make it work :D, also i'm downloading C4d r16 right now ( obviously a totally legal version ;) )...I hope to clear this today and tomorrow continue animating

Edited by Jos3BV
  • Like 2

Oh what did you change ?

Great news !

There is an issue when bones are exported from .dae files to c4d, that's why the Y axis was pointing where normally Z has direction (90 degrees). And that's happen with every bone as a single item.

What i did was import the main model and bones from f_dress.dae, take out he binding, rotate every bone to his correct position, and then binding again. I'm losing textures and scale but i'm working on it, and also i'll have to make again all the animations... but i have the ideas, it wouldnt take me so much time. Even they probably will be getting better.

And yes, i already downloaded SVN thanks to enrique. I'll put the animations on a gameplay as soon as i can

• Like 2

There is an issue when bones are exported from .dae files to c4d, that's why the Y axis was pointing where normally Z has direction (90 degrees). And that's happen with every bone as a single item.

What i did was import the main model and bones from f_dress.dae, take out he binding, rotate every bone to his correct position, and then binding again. I'm losing textures and scale but i'm working on it, and also i'll have to make again all the animations... but i have the ideas, it wouldnt take me so much time. Even they probably will be getting better.

And yes, i already downloaded SVN thanks to enrique. I'll put the animations on a gameplay as soon as i can

Are you using the correct rig though ? If it can't close the hands it's the old we need to get rid off.

Are you using the correct rig though ? If it can't close the hands it's the old we need to get rid off.

Yep, it's the correct one. and i have one suggestion:
it's more easier make some moves when there's a bone between the upper and lower part of the skeleton, So you can move the pelvis independent of the upper side. it's possible make it with out it, but that will take take more coordinated moves between the pelvis and the spine.
(right now the pelvis bones moves all the skeleton)
i don't know if this would make larger files, if it does i can keep working with the actual rig, it doesn't matter

Yep, it's the correct one. and i have one suggestion:
it's more easier make some moves when there's a bone between the upper and lower part of the skeleton, So you can move the pelvis independent of the upper side. it's possible make it with out it, but that will take take more coordinated moves between the pelvis and the spine.
(right now the pelvis bones moves all the skeleton)
i don't know if this would make larger files, if it does i can keep working with the actual rig, it doesn't matter

Enrique has the word on it, I can't really say anything ^^ Just hopes it doesn't break my archer. In the blender file the IK were in the middle of the torso so you could move everything independently.

Enrique has the word on it, I can't really say anything ^^ Just hopes it doesn't break my archer. In the blender file the IK were in the middle of the torso so you could move everything independently.

And that's why i didn't use that model. To make a good animation you can't control everything with IK, you need also FK...actually i only use IK for both foot, and hands only when they make contact with something.

See this tutorial, this will make it understand clearly what im talking about. (it's c4d but the animating works same in every program)

pd: obviously that's the way i'm animating, but you must find with what you're more confortable

Edited by Jos3BV