Can't close walls/interface disappears when clicking in a corner

jurgenjuggernaut

Got 2 "bug" one in the Lorraine plane map playing with iberian civ, cant complete the wall. I mean i cant close the prebuild circle wall, the second if i click in a corner or some place far from face with camera far from ground the interface gone mising.

Also a question how do the animal % discount work for iberian and cartigian civ?

Have played in other maps with them I dont know if it random generated or what but I had the walls already closed with gates and everything, is better this way I think, in other map got just the tower of the walls and had the same problem couldnt close, had to delete and rebuild

give us more details. May be screenshot with F2 Lorraine map exist in Randon map and Skirmish or Scenario modes.

• 3 weeks later...

Have played in other maps with them I dont know if it random generated or what but I had the walls already closed with gates and everything, is better this way I think, in other map got just the tower of the walls and had the same problem couldnt close, had to delete and rebuild

On random maps you either get closed walls or defense towers (not wall towers)

Defense towers have higher range and grand 5 population limit for Iberians (So they are not really weaker than walls).

Defense towers can't be connected by walls (at least not in-game, so that's not a bug).

If you get walls or towers (or something else) is the decision of the random map designer.

If you get defense towers "only" there might be not enough space for walls on the map (e.g. tiny/small maps) or you start on some kind of island (e.g. the "Snowflake Searocks" map).

As far as I can see there is always a good reason if you don't get walls as Iberian civ bonus on random maps.

Not sure about skirmish or scenario maps (I mentioned that the walls might cause some trouble back when skirmish maps where added but didn't look into that lately).

An issue could be the compatibility of random map wall placement and in-game wall placement.

If a wall part is destroyed you might not be able to rebuild it in-game (not sure).

(That is one reason - besides code duplication - that I asked for shared functions)

Edited by FeXoR