Animation Test

Jos3BV

hi,

I´m working on some animations searching for a caracteristic move that identify the game like no other before (i think thats we must look for). I wanna keep trying and testing but i dont know where can i find the textures files of every model, I think thats necesary for making a good animation for every single unit.

Here it is, i hope u like it

Pd: if anyone can tell me where can i find those textures, I would really appreciate it

• Like 5

Problematic with Alpha 17 however is that everything is compressed. You can however grab a copy of the needed files here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/skeletal

That's exactly what i needed, thanks :D i'll keep doing more animations, any progress i'll upload it here like i did on youtube.

Pd: Again, my english is no so good -_-

Your animations and transitions look incredible man. I really like them even if they're not finished yet. The big problem is that the engine doesn't support transitions between animation states (states = loops) yet.

I still have to make some minor tweaks to the armature that I posted, like adding one or two prop-bones, but I think it shouldn't create incompatibility with the work you already did.

I'll do them asap if you're willing to keep making this awesome stuff.

Here's a list draft of the animations I could think of. Ask any question/doubt you may have about them or how the engine manages the animations. (Even in spanish if it easier for you lol ;) )

Common:

-Seeding

-Mining

-Gather fruit

-Slaughter / cavalry slaughter (killing animals to gather food)

-Build

-Promotion / cavalry promotion

-Farmfield gather

-Chopping wood

-Treasure gather?

-Carry resources (same anm? different animation for each resource?)

-Death /cavalry death

Infantry:

For the sake of identifying units easier, infantry animations will be divided into the following types, each type will have different idles/rest positions as well as attack animations. Walk and run animations will be very similar between infantry types (and will be less work) but the arms position will vary depending of the weapons and props of the units.

These are the initial types I could think of:

Shield+sword, Shield+spear, Shield+javelin, Only Bow/Bow+shield, Only javelin, Hoplite, Pikemen, 2h weapon, Slinger

Each of this type of units will have its own variations of the following animations:

-Idle relax

-Idle ready

-walk relax

-walk ready

-run relax/slow/jogging

-run ready/charge

-Attack melee / ranged

-Custom deaths

Cavalry

Shield+sword, Shield+spear, Only spear, Shield+javelin, Only javelin, Bow

-Idle relax

-Idle ready

-Walk relax

-Walk ready

-Trot

-Charge

-Attack melee/ranged

-Custom deaths

Support:

-Healer crane walk/run

-Healing

-Trader walk /run

-Pushing siege?

-Mounting/dismounting siege?

-Firing siege?

Formations:

-Testudo:

-Front line idle/walk

-Back line(s) idle/walk

-Syntagma:

-Front line idle/walk/run/attack

-Medium line idle/walk/run

-Back line idle/walk/run

-Phalanx

-Phalanx idle/walk/run?

-Phalanx attack

Special:

-Howdah attack?

-Fake physics stunts?

-Hero Idles?

-Capturing/throw torches?

-Chariot riding?

• Like 3

Your animations and transitions look incredible man. I really like them even if they're not finished yet. The big problem is that the engine doesn't support transitions between animation states (states = loops) yet.

I still have to make some minor tweaks to the armature that I posted, like adding one or two prop-bones, but I think it shouldn't create incompatibility with the work you already did.

I'll do them asap if you're willing to keep making this awesome stuff.

Here's a list draft of the animations I could think of. Ask any question/doubt you may have about them or how the engine manages the animations. (Even in spanish if it easier for you lol ;) )

Don't worry, i'm just knowing and getting used to the model. These definitely are not finished animations, So if you make a change I can make them again, i just did this for you to watch what can i do.

First of all i'll have to know every unit in the game, how do they work, about what make them similar or different from each other and a little of historical references for every single one of them. You can make a new armature with no worries, i'll keep searching for nice "moves" in the meantime.

I would like to know about how the thing's goes from the exported COLLADA files until the game itself, so if there's any compatibily problem fix it before i start making real animations. You can send me info here jbv.diseno@gmail.com

(I can read english or spanish, the talk is my problem -_-)

Don't you want my bow anim ? It is now much smoother.

I already saw your video and i can take references from there, Don't worry and nice work by the way :D

• Like 1

To see how it (the textures) looks in your editor I think you need to have the actual meshes that can be found here:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/skeletal/new

And for the head(s):

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/props/new

:o Nice. I wanna put every unit with textures and items, then i will animate them. Is there any glosary or list of units? Before i start to do some serious stuff i need to organize them. if there is none i can make one if is needed. Thanks again