An Archer Animation Proposal

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm quite sure the way most archers before the time heavy armors got widely spread (not sure when exactly) used this method.

I would assume though that more organized groups like (like roman legions, not sure if they had archers) and civilizations used to heavier armors may have switched to a more "static" archer behavior and instead of focusing on fast/agile archery focused more on long range/full draw archery and covering the archers by melee troops if the enemy gets to close.

This is just what I'd assume though.

Edited by FeXoR
  • Like 1

Well it's looping, if you consider this is a stationnary archer it's weird. Now you need to have your legs like that to have the most power, (The more you draw the string the more it will go far)

I just mean that an archer who is shooting many arrows in a row would not need to move his leg around like that.

I understood :)

The pose is mandatory (understand made by enrique)

Therefore it need to switch every time. Look at the video I posted as an attachment a few pages ago it was the same in that game.

The only solution i see is having a looping shoot anim and a a standard shoot anim. Also if you consider archer obeying to a lieutenant it could make sense that they get back to the pose.

just a question of interpretation :

The current units do not have the transition and look much better when firing (they do not swing their leg around). The idle animation should be adjusted then so that the attack does not need to have this strainbge leg looping effect. Or have the two types of idle: Idle and Ready as was discussed in some topics previous.

• Like 1