Suggestions for the Gauls

I don't know about Lion, but I think he didn't submit an application.

For my part I believe it's because I have a lot to learn and I'm not good enough yet.

From what I saw he's doing a good job with the Seleucids. I don't mind being patient, if it gets into the game someday then I'm happy. By post do you mean the modifications stanislas made?

To use my mod, you will need to download it on github. And maybe to use S.V.N. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19560

I think what Lion meant is that this thread should be moved to the art section.

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

I don't know about Lion, but I think he didn't submit an application.

For my part I believe it's because I have a lot to learn and I'm not good enough yet.

To use my mod, you will need to download it on github. And maybe to use S.V.N. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19560

I think what Lion meant is that this thread should be moved to the art section.

Yes all sugestions are concerned to art not to gameplay or technical

How would you move it to the art section? And under what area would it go?

IMO you seem good enough, but I don't know what the qualifications are.

too move need ask a moderators like Feneur. But you must be patient because isn't a official task is more like a "nice to have" task. And Lordgood and Stan can help you with buildings, I can help you con 2D units art or with emblems or symbols.

Something can you do is bring more volunteers to help you, found a Artist (3D) and convince him to help you. But all decisions pass for Enrique or Pureon, first. In forum art can be more obvious for them see your proposal.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

True enough. Just wanna point out that I've seen many before me ask for similar things to me. Anyway, I'm guessing I'd just ask a moderator to move it? It's agreeable that this topic is more visible to the artists if it's in the art. I understand this isn't official, originally I didn't expect more than for you to just consider it as a suggestion.

Anyway, I saw in the forum about British wonders (official task) that one artist said that making this:

AIq1_.jpg

Obviously I mean the big square building at the bottom. It seems like a good idea.

Yup, it was :)

Well, wonders are not my cup of tea :) There are too many nitpickable details that I forgot :)

BTW your thread was moved.

Ah, no problem. I was just pointing it out. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17495&page=7 On the last page Pureon says the Gallic wonder could either be the one sanctuary or the other (from Corent), IMO the latter looks more like a wonder.

Edited by Germanic_celt79

Aye, another way to differentiate the two. I think by adapt he means make the pillars more brown not red and make the walls have less grim colours and more white colours. That horse looked good, is something like that, or even that, ever gonna be put as the official wonder for the Britons?

Quick Answer No :) (in the current state of things)

Do you have any other inspiration (graphical) to add to your proposal ?

Well, really that building is the only thing I can think of as the wonder (unless someone else has a proposal that's more suiting).
I'll post some images quickly of this wonder.

sanctuaire_maquette.jpg

L_g6B.jpg

iSJys.jpg

It's mostly from this site http://www.luern.fr/index.php?mod=homepage&act=index&option=2.

You can obviously decide how big it should be in comparison to the other wonders, IMO it should be possibly slightly larger than Stonehenge wonder.

Aye, rather dark wooden tile for the roof.

According to a rough translation from the official page for the site, they found evidence for two rectangular houses surrounded by a fence or wall-like thing. Apparently small ditches were in front of the wall, a place where the pillars (presumably wood) would've been. Obviously then the wooden tile roof is put in the reconstruction as a sort of imaginary thing. Not sure how the little tower came about. Overall the reconstruction still seems good, EB 2 uses it in their Celtic city scenes.

Edited by Germanic_celt79

• 3 weeks later...