Programmer Hoping to Gain Some Experience

Rumahu

Hello! I am currently a computer science major at the Illinois Institute of Technology. I've been hoping to join some sort of an open source project in order to game some experience because.. Well let's face it I want to actually gain skills instead of knowledge on programming. I want to do stuff, not just learn about it.

I have a lot of experience in java, some c++ experience, some python, a bit of javascript, c, and clojure.. and.. Well I have a willingness to learn! I want to be able to contribute in at least some way - no matter how small at first.

I'm also familiar with GIT, and I can be contacted through a lot of different mediums!

Honestly I'm hoping I can learn a lot from helping and meet some new people!

How can I help?

• Like 2

Hey Rumahu, welcome!

One of our programmers will be in touch with you shortly.

Have you already downloaded the game? If so, you might want to start here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GettingStartedProgrammers

If you want to get in touch with our team: the easiest (and fastest) way is via IRC: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=0ad-dev

They will get you started :) .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a great fan of RTS games and I like 0 ad very much. I have very good knowledge at javascript, python, java, c, php, c++. I would like to help and contribute to the game by adding some features that I have in my mind. And I think that by contributing I can learn a lot.

So where should I start???