===[TASK]===[VOICES]=== Sanskrit

Itms

Hello, everyone!

After working on the translations (see this thread), here are some recordings I made: Dropbox folder

Like I feared, "herd" and "fish" are quite long and could use a different phrasing.

Please share your opinion! People with actual knowledge of the language are warmly welcome to review the translations and the pronunciation :P

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

If you want to ear how it sounds in game here are the patches to include them in the game (only in svn).

Add sanskrit.zip in binaries/data/mods/public/audio/voice and maur_templates.zip in /binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units

If you don't know what to do and want to have the same files as for the Latin pack 2 male voices are missing. But their lack don't really impact the game negatively.

- go out against (not used in game yet)

- hello (brings more diversity when selecting units, there is already what_is_it)

And of course, it's missing female voices :)

I played a short game with Maurya just to see, and I find these very appealing. At first I thought it will sound wierd to have an European accent for Sanskrit voice but it is really not that bad. Thanks for your voice packs.

maur_templates.zip

sanskrit.zip

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...