How can i join the Art Team?

RedChaos

Hmm, who takes care of the contact e-mail?

I'm just curious, reskinning in what sense? Texturing?

To join WFG's Team you need to create a topic in the Applications & Contribution forum (under Game Development) where you tell something about yourself and show some of your previous work. There is a pre-fabbed form that you can fill in in that topic.

i really want to be involved in reskinning this game but sadly i messaged the wildfiregames contact email but still dont have any response i ve been Reskinning getting involved in some mods for quite some time now and i want to get on a job to work on got bored here

Did you use another email address there? I searched my inbox for the one you have for your account here, but didn't find any emails from that address.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11297 gives you the information required for how to start helping out with making the art for the game, but to summarize: Make sure you understand the license the content will be used under (and agree to it) and start working on one of the open tasks. If you consistently produce good work you will eventually be asked to join the team. An application can be nice as it gives us a chance to get to know you and your previous work, but it's the work done on the game that will make the biggest difference.

3DS Max 5? From 2002? I'm afraid that's not too likely to work as it needs to be able to open or at least export to Collada files, and I don't think there's a way to make that possible with such an old version. Newer versions support exporting to Collada (.dae) files by default unless I'm remembering wrong. There is a plugin that was used previously, but the oldest version that plugin supports is 7.

I'd recommend using Blender instead. It might take a little while getting used to if you're used to Max's interface, but it supports Collada by default and since it's free you can always have the most recent version.

• Like 2

Alright i use 3dmax for modding in RON but if it cant be used in 0 AD ill get used to blender instead ill let you show some of my work to satisfy you guys

ill send them in one package so it might take a while

One Question

if i you are satisfied with my texturing capabilities and not my modeling capabilities will i still get a chance to get on the art team?

You are not forced to use Blender to get in the team. I have made a lot of models for them in max before switching to blender. Instead of sending/creating a big package why don't you showcase your work on something like deviant ART it will save you some hassle since not all of your work will be in the game.

Depends on the type of Texturing I guess...

You are not forced to use Blender to get in the team. I have made a lot of models for them in max before switching to blender. Instead of sending/creating a big package why don't you showcase your work on something like deviant ART it will save you some hassle since not all of your work will be in the game.

Depends on the type of Texturing I guess...

No, he's not forced to use Blender. But he does have to use an application that can export to Collada. And as far as I'm aware the version of Max that he's got can't do that. So then he either has to get a newer version of Max, which is expensive, or get Blender which is free :)

Wouldn't some converter program work as well?

Do stuff in (old) Max → convert it to Collada.

It might certainly be possible. The question is if it's a good idea though, the fewer steps something needs to go through the more likely it is that it will work. At least generally speaking, converting something from one format to another always leaves a risk that some information is lost.