===[COMMITTED]=== Mastiff

Micket

Enrique told me to go higher poly on the other dog, so I didn't really hold back here. It's at 850 triangles now, which is about the same for all the animals I've made (both dogs and the wolf share the same base).

Should I add a neck lace? Is that historically accurate? What should it look like?

Another WIP. Unless I should add a lace, i'm considering this done.

post-15430-0-11108500-1413332402_thumb.p

Edited by Micket
  • Like 1

Hopefully this link works for you:

http://books.google.com/books?id=S5TlAlzxgvcC&lpg=PA314&ots=8h39oexMcv&dq=mastiff%20celt%20collar%20cesar&pg=PA314#v=onepage&q=mastiff%20celt%20collar%20cesar&f=false

See the left column - second paragraph.

I'm really disappointed we don't have any of the 0 A.D. history articles up anymore. I'm pretty sure there was one that discussed this very topic.

I'm really disappointed we don't have any of the 0 A.D. history articles up anymore. I'm pretty sure there was one that discussed this very topic.

To put them up we'd really need to have someone go through them and fact-check them a bit more. The quality varies a lot, so not all of them would deserve to be put up.

You wouldn't happen to remember the title of the page? I took a quick look through the list and searched through the ones that looked relevant, but I couldn't really find anything on the war dogs in the history articles.

Hopefully this link works for you:

http://books.google.com/books?id=S5TlAlzxgvcC&lpg=PA314&ots=8h39oexMcv&dq=mastiff%20celt%20collar%20cesar&pg=PA314#v=onepage&q=mastiff%20celt%20collar%20cesar&f=false

See the left column - second paragraph.

I.. don't think the link works. I get page for the "ASPCA Complete Guide to Dogs" book.

You could email me a reference if all else fails (micketeer is my gmail handle)

That is looking really nice (if i may say so myself).

The collar is connected to the model right now, so it would deform without intersecting any all that. Should it have been a prop or something? I'm sure you guys can sort that out

Yep, don't worry about it.

While I think the collar is a must in both dog breeds to easily identify player owner, I'm not sure about showing the rank through the collar.

I mean, is a good idea, but I'm not sure if the collar would be enough to differentiate ranks without zooming in to check which kind of collar is. We can try to see how it works though :)

• 4 months later...

The skeleton movement is looking very good, but I seem to miss some wobbly parts.

The ears should flap a lot, and as dogs run mostly with open mouth, the lips should also flap.

Also, dog skin tends to be quite loose, and drops on every jump. So the bottom part has wrinkles and the top is stretched when touching ground, and the other way around when at the top of the jump. The loosest parts are around the shoulders.

I don't know for how far these things are possible to implement though.