The game is very lag when a large number of units

laguna

When playing without artificial intelligence, with the other players, the game starts to lag. I unplug all the graphics settings, but it does not help.

What kind of algorithm is used to find ways (path finding) in this game? There are games 2000 - 2005's, which use 9000+ on the map and no lag, this problem is solved in this game? I like this game, we all look forward to when it will be possible to play normally.

This problem is a known issue. Currently people work on a new pathfinder but I don't know about the progress.

Unfortunately, the problem is that nobody is really actively working on the pathfinder. wraitii started to work on Philip's codes, but he's really busy these days. Pathfinding really requires more programming skills than most of other systems of the game...

Out of curiosity, what percentage of time is spend pathfinding?

That really depends on the moment in game (how many units are there at that moment? how many are moving?), how complex the map is (scattered obstacles such as trees really increase the time necessary to find a path), and some other stuff like that. I think if you press F11 a profiler shows, which indicates the time spent per frame/turn. If you press 5, it will show more detailed stats for the simulation update. ComputePath and ComputePathShort are the ones of interest. Early on, those have no impact on gameplay, but later on the inefficiency of the algorithm shows. Problem is, it's fundamental to the game and its behaviour directly affects gameplay. More than being fast, it has to be correct, so that needs a lot of testing, etc., which requires someone with both intimate knowledge of the game code and time to do all this.