[Mapping Contest 16] == Community Poll

niektb

Contest Winner  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who should, according to you, win the contest?

• Stanislas' Forest Battle (4)
    • SwampGremlin's Castle Battle Map (2v2)
    • SwampGremlin's Waterfall Mountain (4)
    • Llanos' Northern Highlands (2v2)
    • Juanjo's Northern Highlands (4)

The deadline has come and the submissions are in. Time for testing. Play, look and decide: Which map should win Contest 16?

We have 5 entries made by 4 submitters. Since the submittercount is not above 15 the special awards and the subcategories do not apply. Still we have a shiny emblem and a small icon for the previewimage.

The maps are attached. All maps should be tested against Alpha 16 except Forest Battle. That map was created in SVN and should be tested with it.

How to install:

Alpha 16 (On Windows)

Place the mapfiles in My Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\user\maps\skirmishes.

SVN

Place the mapfiles in [0ADDirectory]\binaries\data\mods\public\maps\skirmishes. Mappreview should go in [0ADDirectory]\binaries\data\mods\public\art\textures\ui\session\icons\mappreview

Vote and give your feedback in this topic. In the meanwhile the jury will vote behind closed doors. These votings combined will produce a winner. The voting freezes this Monday (1 September 2014 00:01 GMT).

Good luck!

Stanislas' Forest Battle

Forest Battle (4).zip

Llanos' Northern Highlands (2v2)

Northern Highlands (2v2).zip

Juanjo's Northern Highlands (4);

Northern Highlands (4).zip

SwampGremlin's Castle Battle Map (2v2):

SwampGremlins Castle Battle (2v2).zip

SwampGremlin's Waterfall Mountain (2v2):

Waterfall Mountain revised.zip

Edited by niektb

Sorry dude, can't access it, it looks like a broken link (and even a +1 rated broken link)?

Can you commit to the Mapping-Contest repository instead?

Btw. is Mapping-contest really the correct word. For me it sounds like mapping some value to another. I couldn't find something on the net.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by niektb, August 24, 2014 - Unvalid location
Hidden by niektb, August 24, 2014 - Unvalid location

I would just like to say that the civ centers were changed after some testing to diffrent locations and mor effects and detail were added to this zip here Waterfall mountain but disreguard this zip as it was not turned in until after the deadline for the contest so dont vote based upon this zip just a better one to play 2v2 on.

Waterfall Mountain (2).zip

Edited by SwampGremlin

I would just like to say that the civ centers were changed after some testing to diffrent locations and mor effects and detail were added to this zip here Waterfall mountain but disreguard this zip as it was not turned in until after the deadline for the contest so dont vote based upon this zip just a better one to play 2v2 on.

You'd better upload it in your own topic then but not here. I'm hiding your post.

Edited by niektb