[STRUCTURES] Fence first step !

okegima

Did you make a template for it ? And modify the template of the unit you want to be able to build it ? This is complicated I know but it's how it works. If your model is nice (Haven't checked yet) would you want to see it in an eyecandy mod ? I gather all the eyecandy we can find for scenarios.

ha ! yes that it. it was the unit tamplate. I found into the template_unit_support_female_citizen.xml the <identity> who display the structure that this unit can build. will try to work on this way.

just had to add : other/block_4_entity

working well.

For the model, i let you judge.

thank's for the tips.

Edited by okegima

Thank you for the contribution.

Some thoughts:

- Did you use CC-BY-SA or compatible (equal or less restrictive) licensed images for the texture?

- I'd prefer a black background for the icon. You can add a glow effect in GIMP if you think the fence's posts' base will disappear in the darkness.

Personal taste:

- Please avoid abbreviations. It requires us to derefence the abbreviation first. Then the next abbreviation, then the next, ... and so on. I don't like this looking-up-the-abbreviation-used-in-the-description-of-the-abbreviation game the world plays as devoting time is the most precious gifts.

- block_4 is a not so descriptive name? rod_fence.dae ? As the texture determines if it's wood or metal or any other material.

post-15921-0-57909100-1406419451.png

@Filestructure:

Having all files in a single folder is planned for the Mod Downloader. Yet it would be helpful to clearly separate a preview image / icon / portrait from the textures, which means we needed a convention such that the downloader knows in which mod folder to put which image.

Long speech short: For now you need to use the 0AD filestructure to distribute your 3d models as convenient as possible.