===[TASK]=== Ptol Merchant

Stan`

• 2 months later...

Got any suggestions?

Given that the population was mostly Egyptian and the rich/ruling class mostly Macedonian/Greek, I'd guess it would make more sense to have one of the two. Not sure on who did the majority of the land trade. They certainly had trade with Arabs, Libyans and others living in the deserts to the east and west of Egypt so I guess the current one makes some sense as well.

Given that the population was mostly Egyptian and the rich/ruling class mostly Macedonian/Greek, I'd guess it would make more sense to have one of the two. Not sure on who did the majority of the land trade. They certainly had trade with Arabs, Libyans and others living in the deserts to the east and west of Egypt so I guess the current one makes some sense as well.

Okay, As long as it's historically accurate that's fine by me. I'm actually doing the tasks (animal retextures, hero work out, helmets) with the reference given. If you think some are not accurate could you point them out ?http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17730

I can't say I know too much on dogs, ancient dogs or ancient Celtic dogs:p. All I can say it's a semi-ahistorical choice, as dogs wouldn't be real combat units and at the same time all people had guard/hunting dogs. It's a design choice for flavor I guess, just go with what's already decided?

It's decided not to do it ^^ Cause once they will be done someone will say they are not accurate :P

@stanislas69 :

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Civ%3A_Britons :

Dogs in Celtic warfare varied in breed and size, but were of key use to Celts, especially in intertribal war. Most famous were the great mastiffs of Britain, eventually adopted by the Romans as a means to replace Molossian hounds and other such animals.

I think there's a document or a post somewhere on the website where Mythos Ruler gives two different breed names for the briton dogs, but I can't find it.

Edited by serveurix