[Questions] Han Mod

Stan`

DONE :

First question : Should I add swordsmen cavalry ? (They had, and the swords are ready.) DONE

Second question : a outpost was made, Should I use it or keep the default ? (This model is not the watchtower) DONE : http://i.imgur.com/NRPLO0O.png

8BMgt9w.png

Fourth Question : Should we replace and fix the market by this one ? DONE

Current :

D3DKsPY.jpg

New :

rvZ6k3w.jpg

Seventh Question : Should we have a Wonder ? Not Planned

4%281%29.gif

Eight Question : should we replace our walls and towers: DONE

p7Z0CX1.jpg

by this ?

post-15249-0-00656800-1390438912.jpg

Third Question : Those were made to replace default palissade Should we keep and fix them ? (Eyecandy is a valid reason)

00qkGON.jpg

Fifth Question : Should we keep replace this boat (Seems Inacurrate) ?

6T76OfJ.png

Sixth Question : Should we use this :

post-15249-0-29525200-1391563276.jpg

As a variation of this :

AkbjYtn.jpg

Ninth Question : Should we have a Government Center (Zhǐ Huī Zhōng Xīn) - chin_govt_center ? (No reference)

Tenth Question : Should we have a Blacksmith (/) - chin_blacksmith ? (No Reference)

Eleventh Question : Should we create heroes ?

Twelvth Question : Should we have Liu Bang Unit (Founder of the Han Dynasty)(I found references for hiscrown) ?

Thirtieth Question : Do we need new barracks ?

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

Nice summary of what we have to tackle. Here's my opinion if you are interested:

First question : Should I add swordsmen cavalry ? (They had, and the swords are ready.)

:-)

Second question : a outpost was made, Should I use it or keep the default ? (This model is not the watchtower)

8BMgt9w.png

Third Question : Those were made to replace default palissade Should we keep and fix them ? (Eyecandy is a valid reason)

00qkGON.jpg
:-) ("wall placement code and gate" mesh has to be added, thx for pointing out stan and leper)

Fourth Question : Should we replace and fix the market by this one ?

Current :

D3DKsPY.jpg

New :

rvZ6k3w.jpg

Fifth Question : Should we keep replace this boat (Seems Inacurrate) ?

6T76OfJ.png

Sixth Question : Should we use this :

post-15249-0-29525200-1391563276.jpg

As a variation of this :

AkbjYtn.jpg
:-) (if we get around modelling it, then yes. To honour Ayakashi's work.)

Seventh Question : Should we have a Wonder ?

4(1).gif
:-( (not now and in the near future)

Eight Question : should we replace our walls and towers by this ?

post-15249-0-00656800-1390438912.jpg
:-) if possible

Ninth Question : Should we have a Government Center (Zhǐ Huī Zhōng Xīn) - chin_govt_center ? (No reference)

:-( perhaps an embassy later, but not in the near future. Anyone knows if a Government Center is essential for Han China, and if then why?

Tenth Question : Should we have a Blacksmith (/) - chin_blacksmith ? (No Reference)

:-) If possible:

stock-photo-chinese-blacksmiths-old-illu

Rada :) = yes ?

yes please

Stan, this thrust is impressive!

@2nd Question:

Please use the newly created outpost. The default one no fits Han China at all. Your eagle's eye sees it all.

@5th:

If you want to replace the ship, do so. Though I wonder if we should remove it without being certain. I have no idea if it was historical accurate. Ayakashi might know ..

Your last reference doesn't show much.

I thought the same. It's almost seleucidic with those han blacksmith building references.

I'd keep and use the palisades. This might require you to add some different lengths and a gate to make the wall building code happy (and to make it look good). The normal palisades and the different outpost don't really fit, so I'd go for both the new palisades and the new outpost.

I would advise against having two different CC models, maybe use one as some palace (eye candy) or as a special building.

• Like 1

I'd keep and use the palisades. This might require you to add some different lengths and a gate to make the wall building code happy (and to make it look good). The normal palisades and the different outpost don't really fit, so I'd go for both the new palisades and the new outpost.

I would advise against having two different CC models, maybe use one as some palace (eye candy) or as a special building.

The gate is that ugly thing missing some parts. I wonder if I can add door to it.

Okay, I'll keep that In mind :) Thanks for your opinion.

I agree with everything Radagast said :) . By the way, what about replacing the current roofs with ones that look more Chinese? Sorry if I missed that discussion somewhere.

It's planned :) Do you thing Ayakashi's look chinese enough ? :)

Why no Government Center? It's in the design doc.

I'm on that boat.

Well no reference have been stated, So I can hardly imagine what it look like. Do you think the second civ center model would fit ?

Thanks niektb, tell me if you find more info. The strange reference they had was found here http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/blog/398588.page

Eleventh Question : Should we create heroes ?

Twelvth Question : Should we have Liu Bang Unit (Founder of the Han Dynasty)(I found references for hiscrown) ?

Thirtieth Question : This

post-15249-0-85790500-1389322578.jpg

Vs those

ogdBCTi.png

Here is the temple I will model

post-15249-0-08582500-1390089185.jpg

It seems the design doc is full after that. Ideas on the four last questions ?

Edited by stanislas69

Any ideas on whom I should pick ? http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2011-08/26/content_23291459.htm to reach 3

I like this one:

Li Guang (?-119 BC), born in Longxi (in today's Gansu), was a famous general of the Han Dynasty. Nicknamed the "Flying General" by his Xiongnu enemies, he fought primarily in the campaigns against Xiongnu to the north of the Han Empire. He became known to the Xiongnu as a tough opponent. His appearance at various battles scared away Xiongnu troops who dared not to come back again for many years.

Li was tall and strong, with long arms, and good at archery. It was said that his arrows could penetrate stone. His descendants learned shooting skills from him, but none of them could surpass their teacher.

In the Battle of Mobei in 119 BC, General Li failed to arrive at the battlefield in time because he got lost in the desert. He committed suicide shortly after the battle. He was mourned by his entire army and many civilians.

----------

Born in Huanyin (today's Huai'an, Jiangsu Province), Han Xin (c. 231-196 BC) was an outstanding military general, strategist and military theory master. He served Liu Bang (Emperor Gaozu of the Han) during the Chu-Han contention period and contributed greatly to the founding of the Han Dynasty. Han was known as one of the "Three Heroes of the early Han Dynasty", along with Zhang Liang and Xiao He.

Han is best remembered as a brilliant military commander for the strategies and tactics he employed in warfare, some of which have become the origins of certain Chinese idioms. In recognition of Han's contributions, Liu conferred on him the titles of "King of Qi" and "King of Chu." However, Liu gradually reduced Han's military power later, out of envy of his extraordinary abilities, demoting him to "Marquis of Huaiyin." Finally, Han was accused of participating in a rebellion and was killed in 196 BC.

------

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I also though of creating a bamboo door. That might be as simple as a common (already existing) bamboo small wall segment with one extra post to each side and a lot of ropes to bind one side together.

Any ideas on whom I should pick ? http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2011-08/26/content_23291459.htm to reach 3

We don't necessarily need 3. It's too much work. Han China can have one. It'll be enough. (Creating heroes is a lot of work and 1 per faction we model will suffice. The rest we or other contributors can still be added later.)

Liu Bang is enough for finishing the Han Chinese. If anyone wants more heroes, then he might learn blender and create one.

Thanks, Can you ask him in some way ?

I'm against removing existing work of other artists. Create the new fortress as a variant and give the existing one a low frequency to make them appear less often. In reality not even two fortresses looked the same. Why should we artificially create such a scenario?

I would love seeing these barracks

in and nevertheless keeping

ogdBCTi.png
as variation.

I also though of creating a bamboo door. That might be as simple as a common (already existing) bamboo small wall segment with one extra post to each side and a lot of ropes to bind one side together.

We don't necessarily need 3. It's too much work. Han China can have one. It'll be enough. (Creating heroes is a lot of work and 1 per faction we model will suffice. The rest we or other contributors can still be added later.)

Liu Bang is enough for finishing the Han Chinese. If anyone wants more heroes, then he might learn blender and create one.

I'm against removing existing work of other artists. Create the new fortress as a variant and give the existing one a low frequency to make them appear less often. In reality not even two fortresses looked the same. Why should we artificially create such a scenario?

I would love seeing these barracks

in and nevertheless keeping

ogdBCTi.png
as variation.

1. Well I'll see, commited the first part.

2. You're right I have better things to do.

3. I did not remove the forteress, since there was none at the beginning.

4. I like to keep trace of old buildings, but bringing them back would make it a flaw. Maybe If you still have them commit them in a separate folder.