[MAP] Working Title : Conquest and Empire

Hi guys!

I've revisited the map, and made minor adjustments. However, is it really natural for the scenario to lag when playing? I know that this map is my very first 0 AD map, and I may have used a lot of objects (resource items instead of eye-candies), but I do have a very powerful gaming laptop. I tried lowering all graphics choices but still the game lags! :(

If somebody has the time, could you please see what's going on? Attaching the file here:

Indus Valley.zip

You still should reduce the water waviness ;)

Regarding the lag, it's not "normal", but it's to be expected for such a map. Sadly our engine is currently not very optimised for rendering a lot of objects, since it doesn't use a technique called instancing. This means that beyond a certain number of objects, even powerful laptops will start lagging.

Furthermore, the gameplay itself is not as fast as it could be and on a large map with a lot of objects and 5 AI player, lag is currently qui unavoidable.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, shieldwolf23 said:

I was wondering if the "Public" folder of my dropbox changed @niektb had the same problem with our Viking research document

You should've received a notification like this:

Spoiler

We’re always looking to improve the Dropbox sharing experience. The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we’ve built even better ways for you to share securely and work together with your team.

As a result, we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you’d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control. To learn more, visit our Help Center. 

The Dropbox team

I got this one on 15 December 2016 and then a reminder on 1 March 2017:

Spoiler

This is a reminder that your Public folder links will become inactive on March 15. On that date, your Public folder will become a standard Dropbox folder, and your files will remain safe in your account. If you want to share those files again, you’ll need to use shared links instead.

The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we’ve built more sophisticated ways for you to share securely and work together with your team. In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control. 

We understand these sharing methods are not a direct replacement for the Public folder in some cases—we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. For more information on transitioning from the Public folder to shared links, visit our Help Center. 

- The Dropbox Team

Edited by fcxSanya
Enclose quotes with spoiler tags
  • Like 1

And... here's the file. Please note that I adapted the map knowing that there won't be any triggers here, and that you, as the player, can choose which nation to play. I know the starting locations and pre-existing units are mostly unbalanced, but I let it be so that the player, if he wants to replay the scenario from a different location/ perspective, can do so with a unique game start. Tested on Ulysses.

At World's End.zip

• Like 1