ANNOUNCEMENT to the mod who deleted my ANNOUNCEMENT!

No, he just wanted to ask the rest of the team for our opinion on this matter. I have a feeling the answer will be to ban you permanently as that was what the majority of people suggested not the last time you misbehaved on these forums, but the time before that! The only reason we didn't that time was that I felt that it would be unfair to do that for a lesser offense after only having banned you for three days for the bigger one before that, and no one cared enough to argue further.

Now I no longer feel that way, so if we make such a decision I will carry it out. You have had more than enough warnings, and yet not displayed a change of behaviour, so there's no point in continuing to give you new chances.

• Like 5

Calling someone a pest is certainly being offensive, but the point wasn't whether or not you were being offensive in this specific case. The point was that you don't seem to learn from your mistakes. No matter how many times we've told you to respect the rules for these forums and other forum members in general and team members in particular, you've kept being disrespectful, and we can't let that continue. I don't really see what I can say that can get through to you though, so this is my final post in your direction. Had you actually seemed interested in contributing to this forum and a good environment here I might have cared, but right now my tolerance threshold is very low and you will be permanently banned for anything which isn't constructive.

Posting any more in this thread: will get you banned.

Insulting people/calling people names: will get you banned.

Posting meaningless topics: will get you banned.

Sending rude PMs: will get you banned.

Etc.

The only things which will not get you banned are constructive topics (such as about your ROME mod), or on-topic replies in other people's topics.

• Like 5

Very well handled. After looking at quite a few of his posts in the past I completely agree with the staff's decision, as even this is being lenient.

Romulus if you are reading this then I would be grateful for the fact that the staff has allowed this to continue for as long as it has. They are even giving you one last chance despite your failure to take advantage of your many chances in the past to clean yourself up.

if you seriously wish to improve your behavior and rejoin the community then I challenge you to read on and prove feneur wrong. Otherwise, please don't waste everyone's time any further if you don't seriously wish to improve.

I recommend that you take a walk or whatever it is that helps you think, and then sit down and make a list of things that you need to improve in your posts at wildfiregames' forums. Politely pm a couple of the staff members to help you and politely ask them to explain anything you don't understand.

Proofread every pm you write twice before you send it. Once right after you write it and once after taking a break and doing other things. You may want to save pm's and posts in a word document so you can look at them later to check for any bannable errors. You need to be as careful as you can to prevent yourself from slipping up. If you enter a state where you feel anger or rage then take a break and come back to the computer with a cool head.

Overall, remember to use common sense and treat others like you would like to be treated. Gratuitous swearing, insults, or trolling will get you banned. If you must be rude and flame someone don't do it at this extremely early stage in your rehabilitation. Just don't say anything at all until you can post without being rude. Later on, at least be smart and creative about it if you must do it at all(Again, it is best to not do it at all!). Don't go calling others names or insulting their [insert adjective here]. In general, you'll never go wrong by being nice, polite and mature. There is a general etiquette that the community members follow that you can only learn through reading and posting but here are a few examples:

• Jokes at the expense of someone's gender, race, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation are not acceptable.
  • DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS EVER AGAIN. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE SCREAMING
  • Post your topics in the appropriate forum. If you can't find a topic you created, politely pm a staff member about it and do NOT under ANY circumstances make a new topic to ask what happened to the original topic or to just re-post what just got moved/removed.
  • Don't post NSFW content, this isn't the place for it.
  • Don't spam.
  • Don't go overboard with meme's, and don't post any meme that may be considered rude or insulting.
  • Respect veterans of the community, they have been here long enough to acquire a certain level of respect from others.

It is very important to carefully consider the context of the conversation and the user you are responding to. Make sure you are informed on a discussion before posting your thoughts as that topic you thought from the title was about berries might have evolved into a conversation about giraffes and elephants. Don't be a backseat moderator or post just for the sake of being rude or posting without contributing anything in general.

Some people bring happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go. Which will you be?

Edited by 3FFA
  • Like 10