Question about long-range pathfinder

After researched 0 A.D's source code (excellent work!),

I have some confusion about long-range pathfinder's current implementation.

In my understanding, each terrain tile should be split into 4x4 small cells for AStar. (This will make long path more accurately)

And when a unit start a longpath, all static obstruction's tiles (small cells) will be expanded by this unit's clearnce.

Has this feature be implemented now?

I cant find any code about "obstruction's tile expanded by unit's clearnce in long path".

I read the code:

CCmpPathfinder_Tile.cpp

void CCmpPathfinder::ComputePath(entity_pos_t x0, entity_pos_t z0, const Goal& goal, pass_class_t passClass, cost_class_t costClass, Path& path)

The params seem not to relate unit's raduis or clearnce.....and where to expand tiles?

Very thanks.

Edited by chansey

The 4x4-navcell-per-terrain-tile thing and the clearance thing were part of the incomplete pathfinder redesign - #1756 has some versions of the original patch. None of it has been committed yet. (I think the redesigned long-range pathfinder mostly worked, but it needed integrating with the short-range pathfinder (which needed redesigning itself) and with various other systems, and that never got completed.)

• Like 3

but it needed integrating with the short-range pathfinder (which needed redesigning itself)

Thank Ykkrosh.

Following #1756, I found that the short path is also a new enhancement. (#1942)

It's a very great idea for short path performance improvement which make O(N^3) -> O(N^2) ! (http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13042&&page=3#entry216735)

Has this feature been integrated into the current short-range pathfinder?

I am very sorry I have not deeply read current short path source code.

Edited by chansey