Alpha 17 Balancing Branch

scythetwirler

Maybe, but thats for all players. So, all have the same problem to decide wisely which tech to use.

Btw -don't get me wrong, no offend- it is sometimes really, really hard to understand what you want to say. Since you are posting much on the forum, is it too hard to learn a little more english?

Maybe, but thats for all players. So, all have the same problem to decide wisely which tech to use.

Btw -don't get me wrong, no offend- it is sometimes really, really hard to understand what you want to say. Since you are posting much on the forum, is it too hard to learn a little more english?

is expensive ;) right now.

So basically all tech pairs have been removed for the time being? I can understand why this was done for economic techs, but it doesn't really seem necessary for military techs as long as its a choice between melee and ranged, not just spearmen and skirmishers. The fortifications and temple techs work fine as tech pairs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've set myself a target of beating Petra in half an hour. Basically I can now build a ranged cavalry mass producing economy. Also needed are three towers as trap. When Petra starts building the first civic centre I start attacking and do not stop.

post-16051-0-65122100-1412437203_thumb.ppost-16051-0-96246200-1412437228_thumb.p

Since I'm pretty sure a human player would easily find a defense I'm very fond of the new balancing, especially the lack of paired technologies, but that's probably my personal view.

An observation: it is far too easy to amass a lot of food in the first few minutes. Your single cavalry unit should be used for scouting, now he is also an amazing hunter (collects food way too quickly). It doesn't seem logical that cavalry is so good at killing chicken and sheep (wildlife can stay).

My proposal: make it impossible for cavalry to gather from domesticated animals + lower their gather rate.

• Like 1