Ubuntu: Error while compiling source code: update-workspaces.sh: command not found

padmahas

I followed instructions in this link to compile the source code of 0.A.D. After installing dependencies when I give "update-workspaces.sh --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt" command, it is showing an error update-workspaces.sh: command not found. And also suggest me what this command will do and what is my next step. Because it is the last command under Linux category to build using source code.

Thank you.

Edited by padmahas

Hi!

After installing the dependencies you first have to download the source:

svn co http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

Then go to that workspaces directory:

cd 0ad/build/workspaces

and go on:

./update-workspaces.sh -j3 --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24

when done, switch to gcc directory:

cd gcc

and build:

make -j3
  • Like 2

Hi!

After installing...

and go on:

./update-workspaces.sh -j3 --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24

Hello zzippy, at this stage, everything was going fine but in the end this error is showing.

Finished reading 4 moz.build files into 12 descriptors in 0.01sBackend executed in 0.02s10 total backend files. 10 created; 0 updated; 0 unchangedTotal wall time: 0.03s; CPU time: 0.03s; Efficiency: 88%invoking make to create js24-config scriptBuild configuration changed. Regenerating backend./bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted stringmake: *** [backend.RecursiveMakeBackend.built] Error 2Build configuration changed. Regenerating backend./bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted stringmake: *** [backend.RecursiveMakeBackend.built] Error 2ERROR: SpiderMonkey build failed

Some error in SpiderMonkey build. How to solve ?

If you don't have all system libraries (or not the right ones), remove the relevant "--with" arguments. In this case, remove the "--with=mozjs24".

Yes I have removed mozjs24 but still as you see this is something to do with SpiderMonkey and also in previous line it is showing that it can't find python. Any other solution for these two issues?

mozjs24 is spidermonkey. Also, don't think we require python for compilation, but it won't hurt if you install it anyway.

Hi Sanderd17 Now I don't understand why spidermonkey error is showing when I've not at all included it while running the script. This is the command I gave as zippy suggested

./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt

Since you (Sanderd17) told it python can be ignored and I don't have anything to do with spidermonkey, I switched to gcc folder (confirm me if this is the path: 0AD/0ad-0.0.16-alpha/source/lib/sysdep/rtl) and ran

make j3

Again encountered another error makefile not found. I just want to compile and run this game successfully. Please help me.

make j3

Again encountered another error makefile not found. I just want to compile and run this game successfully. Please help me.

It should be make -j3 (and just make will do as well, the -j<number> parameter determines the number of processes used). When you type make j3 you specify make to use a makefile with the name j3, which of course is then not found :)

It should be make -j3 (and just make will do as well, the -j<number> parameter determines the number of processes used). When you type make j3 you specify make to use a makefile with the name j3, which of course is then not found :)

:scratch_one-s_head: I/P and O/P in the terminal

# make -j3

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

The gcc directory is build/workspaces/gcc. But that directory is only created after a successful build-workspaces.

But I think a possible problem is you have periods in your directory, I don't believe all the build scripts can cope with that.

Hello sanderd17 renamed folder to contain name without dots (0ad-0.0.16-alpha to 0ad0016alpha) .. no luck... same error. But I just experimentally checked by including --with-system-mozjs24

./update-workspaces.sh -j3 --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24

!! There wasn't any error. But could not run make -j3 Showing this error

# make -j3make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
Edited by padmahas

Make sure to change dir to gcc before running make ( cd gcc ). If you still get errors, please post the full console outupt.

Hi fabio thank you for remembering me about gcc directory. I had forgotten to switch to gcc, still not successful with make O/P.

Below is the detailed I/P's and O/P's.

Command entered in terminal.

Output got.(Successful)

Updating bundled third-party dependencies...make: Entering directory `/media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/build/premake/premake4/build/gmake.unix'==== Building Premake4 (release) ====make: Leaving directory `/media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/build/premake/premake4/build/gmake.unix'Premake args:  --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24 --collada --atlasBuilding configurations...Running action 'gmake'...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/Makefile...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/pyrogenesis.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/network.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/tinygettext.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/lobby.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/glooxwrapper.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/simulation2.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/scriptinterface.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/engine.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/graphics.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/atlas.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/gui.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/lowlevel.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/mongoose.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/mocks_real.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/mocks_test.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/AtlasObject.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/AtlasUI.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/ActorEditor.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/Collada.make...Generating ../workspaces/gcc/test.make...Done.Building configurations...Running action 'codeblocks'...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/pyrogenesis.workspace...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/pyrogenesis.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/network.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/tinygettext.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/lobby.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/glooxwrapper.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/simulation2.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/scriptinterface.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/engine.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/graphics.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/atlas.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/gui.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/lowlevel.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/mongoose.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/mocks_real.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/mocks_test.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/AtlasObject.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/AtlasUI.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/ActorEditor.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/Collada.cbp...Generating ../workspaces/codeblocks/test.cbp...Done.

I/P

ls

O/P (gcc folder has created)

build-osx-bundle.sh  codeblocks                                   gccclean-workspaces.sh  Cross-compiling a 32-bit Leopard bundle.txt  update-workspaces.sh

I/P

padmahasa@padmahasa-desktop:/media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/build/workspaces$ cd gccpadmahasa@padmahasa-desktop:/media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/build/workspaces/gcc$ make -j3

O/P (Terminated with error) I'm sure this error is because I've included --with-system-mozjs24 option. But without mozjs24 I'm not even able to successfully run update.

==== Building mocks_real (release) ======== Building tinygettext (release) ======== Building network (release) ======== Building lobby (release) ====Globals.cppfsm.cppPackage mozjs-24 was not found in the pkg-config search path.Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mozjs-24.pc'to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variableNo package 'mozjs-24' foundPackage mozjs-24 was not found in the pkg-config search path.Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mozjs-24.pc'to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variableNo package 'mozjs-24' found==== Building glooxwrapper (release) ====Creating obj/glooxwrapper_Releaseprecompiled.hXmppClient.cppPackage mozjs-24 was not found in the pkg-config search path.Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mozjs-24.pc'to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variableNo package 'mozjs-24' foundIn file included from ../../../source/scriptinterface/ScriptVal.h:21:0,                 from ../../../source/lobby/XmppClient.h:27,                 from ../../../source/lobby/XmppClient.cpp:19:../../../source/scriptinterface/ScriptTypes.h:71:21: fatal error: jspubtd.h: No such file or directorycompilation terminated.make[1]: *** [obj/lobby_Release/XmppClient.o] Error 1make: *** [lobby] Error 2make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....NetClient.cppPackage mozjs-24 was not found in the pkg-config search path.Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mozjs-24.pc'to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variableNo package 'mozjs-24' foundIn file included from ../../../source/scriptinterface/ScriptVal.h:21:0,                 from ../../../source/network/NetClient.h:24,                 from ../../../source/network/NetClient.cpp:20:../../../source/scriptinterface/ScriptTypes.h:71:21: fatal error: jspubtd.h: No such file or directorycompilation terminated.make[1]: *** [obj/network_Release/NetClient.o] Error 1make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....make: *** [network] Error 2glooxwrapper.cppprecompiled.cppLinking glooxwrapper

I/P(without mozjs24)

./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt

O/P (Don't know why it is checking for spider monkey when I've not included its option(even renamed the folder to contain name without periods )).

Updating bundled third-party dependencies...Building SpiderMonkey...SpiderMonkey build options: --enable-threadsafe --enable-shared-js --disable-tests         --enable-threadsafe --enable-shared-js --disable-testscreating cache ./config.cachechecking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking for gawk... nochecking for mawk... mawkchecking for perl5... nochecking for perl... /usr/bin/perlchecking for gcc... gccchecking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yeschecking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... nochecking whether we are using GNU C... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... yeschecking for c++... c++checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... nochecking whether we are using GNU C++... yeschecking whether c++ accepts -g... yeschecking for ranlib... ranlibchecking for as... /usr/bin/aschecking for ar... archecking for ld... ldchecking for strip... stripchecking for windres... nochecking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -Echecking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -Echecking for sb-conf... nochecking for ve... nochecking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -cchecking whether ln -s works... yeschecking for tar archiver... checking for gnutar... nochecking for gtar... nochecking for tar... tartarchecking for minimum required perl version >= 5.006... 5.014002checking for full perl installation... yeschecking for python2.7... /usr/bin/python2.7Creating Python environmentNew python executable in /media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/libraries/source/spidermonkey/mozjs24/js/src/build-debug/_virtualenv/bin/python2.7Also creating executable in /media/padmahasa/Movies,Doc's_and_Songs/0AD/0ad0016alpha/libraries/source/spidermonkey/mozjs24/js/src/build-debug/_virtualenv/bin/pythonInstalling setuptools............done.Installing pip...............done.WARNING: Python.h not found. Install Python development headers.Error processing command. Ignoring because optional. (optional:setup.py:python/psutil:build_ext:--inplace)checking Python environment is Mozilla virtualenv... yeschecking for doxygen... :checking for autoconf... :checking for xargs... /usr/bin/xargschecking for make... /usr/bin/makechecking for X... nochecking that static assertion macros used in autoconf tests work... yeschecking for --build-id option to ld... yeschecking whether the C compiler supports -Werror=return-type... yeschecking whether the C compiler supports -Wtype-limits... yeschecking whether the C compiler supports -Wempty-body... yeschecking whether the C compiler supports -Wsign-compare... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Werror=return-type... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Wtype-limits... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Wempty-body... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Werror=conversion-null... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Wsign-compare... yeschecking whether the C++ compiler supports -Wno-invalid-offsetof... yeschecking whether ld has archive extraction flags... yeschecking for 64-bit OS... nochecking for custom <stdint.h> implementation... none specifiedchecking whether the linker supports Identical Code Folding... nochecking whether removing dead symbols breaks debugging... nochecking for ANSI C header files... yeschecking for working const... yeschecking for mode_t... yeschecking for off_t... yeschecking for pid_t... yeschecking for size_t... yeschecking for __stdcall... nochecking for ssize_t... yeschecking for st_blksize in struct stat... yeschecking for siginfo_t... yeschecking for the size of void*... 4checking for endian.h... yeschecking for machine/endian.h... nochecking for sys/isa_defs.h... nochecking for uint... yeschecking for uint_t... nochecking for uname.domainname... yeschecking for uname.__domainname... nochecking for gcc c++0x headers bug without rtti... nochecking for visibility(hidden) attribute... yeschecking for visibility(default) attribute... yeschecking for visibility pragma support... yeschecking For gcc visibility bug with class-level attributes (GCC bug 26905)... nochecking For x86_64 gcc visibility bug with builtins (GCC bug 20297)... nochecking for gcc PR49911... nochecking for gcc pr39608... nochecking for llvm pr8927... nochecking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yeschecking for opendir in -ldir... nochecking for sys/byteorder.h... nochecking for compat.h... nochecking for getopt.h... yeschecking for sys/bitypes.h... yeschecking for memory.h... yeschecking for unistd.h... yeschecking for gnu/libc-version.h... yeschecking for nl_types.h... yeschecking for malloc.h... yeschecking for X11/XKBlib.h... yeschecking for io.h... nochecking for cpuid.h... yeschecking for sys/statvfs.h... yeschecking for sys/statfs.h... yeschecking for sys/vfs.h... yeschecking for sys/mount.h... yeschecking for sys/quota.h... yeschecking for linux/quota.h... yeschecking for new... yeschecking for sys/cdefs.h... yeschecking for linux/perf_event.h... yeschecking for perf_event_open system call... yeschecking for gethostbyname_r in -lc_r... nochecking for library containing dlopen... -ldlchecking for dlfcn.h... yeschecking for dladdr... yeschecking for socket in -lsocket... nochecking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... nochecking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -pthread... yeschecking whether gcc needs -traditional... nochecking for 8-bit clean memcmp... yeschecking for fchmod... yeschecking for flockfile... yeschecking for getc_unlocked... yeschecking for _getc_nolock... nochecking for getpagesize... yeschecking for lchown... yeschecking for localtime_r... yeschecking for lstat64... yeschecking for memmove... yeschecking for random... yeschecking for rint... nochecking for sbrk... yeschecking for snprintf... yeschecking for stat64... yeschecking for statvfs... yeschecking for statvfs64... yeschecking for strerror... yeschecking for strtok_r... yeschecking for truncate64... yeschecking for wcrtomb... yeschecking for mbrtowc... yeschecking for res_ninit()... yeschecking for gnu_get_libc_version()... yeschecking for an implementation of va_copy()... yeschecking for an implementation of __va_copy()... yeschecking whether va_lists can be copied by value... yeschecking whether the C++ "using" keyword resolves ambiguity... yeschecking for C++ dynamic_cast to void*... yeschecking whether C++ requires implementation of unused virtual methods... yeschecking for trouble comparing to zero near std::operator!=()... nochecking for __thread keyword for TLS variables... yeschecking for __attribute__((always_inline))... yeschecking for __attribute__((malloc))... yeschecking for __attribute__((warn_unused_result))... yeschecking for LC_MESSAGES... yeschecking for localeconv... yeschecking for gzread in -lz... yeschecking for valid debug flags... yeschecking for __cxa_demangle... yeschecking for unwind.h... yeschecking for _Unwind_Backtrace... yeschecking for -pipe support... yeschecking whether C compiler supports -fprofile-generate... yeschecking for correct overload resolution with const and templates... nochecking for tm_zone tm_gmtoff in struct tm... yeschecking what kind of list files are supported by the linker... linkerscriptchecking what kind of ordering can be done with the linker... nonechecking for posix_fallocate... yeschecking for setlocale... yeschecking for localeconv... (cached) yesupdating cache ./config.cachecreating ./config.statusReticulating splines...Finished reading 4 moz.build files into 12 descriptors in 0.01sBackend executed in 0.03s10 total backend files. 10 created; 0 updated; 0 unchangedTotal wall time: 0.04s; CPU time: 0.03s; Efficiency: 71%invoking make to create js24-config scriptBuild configuration changed. Regenerating backend./bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted stringmake: *** [backend.RecursiveMakeBackend.built] Error 2Build configuration changed. Regenerating backend./bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted stringmake: *** [backend.RecursiveMakeBackend.built] Error 2ERROR: SpiderMonkey build failed