Where to download offline installer for Ubuntu?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 right now, and I'm going to upgrade to 14.10 this october before that I need to do fresh install this OS. So I cannot download this game again since it is very large in size. Hence where to download offline installer for Ubuntu so that I can install and reinstall whenever I can.

Thank you.

I imagine you can download the source code, put it on an external, then drop it where you want to leave it

(suggest /.local/share/0ad)

Here

Then Compile it.

I imagine that's the complicated way.

There is no "offline installer" (that i know of)

Unless there's a .deb (or similar) file out there somewhere?

Edited by auron2401
  • Like 1

I just installed Mint 17 on my new computer (going to dual-boot, but the Win 7 disc hasn't arrived yet). It can install from Ubuntu repos - so it should install those debs too, shouldn't it?

Got alpha 15 installed already, and it runs great. Would be nice to update it, and I don't really want to get into compiling it.

I could install from debs found here: https://launchpad.net/~wfg/+archive/0ad You need 0ad + 0ad-data + 0ad-data-common. Expect to solve a few dependencies manually, gdebi will tell you which.

Are you telling I want all three 0ad, 0ad-data and 0ad-data-common to install this game ? And I see the size of this game as 350+ MB in ubuntu software center but here the built .deb packages ( https://launchpad.net/~wfg/+archive/0ad.dev/+build/6013642 ) are just 50 MB like that.... Is it enough if I download only those deb's?

I imagine you can download the source code, put it on an external, then drop it where you want to leave it

(suggest /.local/share/0ad)

Here

Then Compile it.

I imagine that's the complicated way.

There is no "offline installer" (that i know of)

Unless there's a .deb (or similar) file out there somewhere?

I could install from debs found here: https://launchpad.net/~wfg/+archive/0ad You need 0ad + 0ad-data + 0ad-data-common. Expect to solve a few dependencies manually, gdebi will tell you which.

I just installed Mint 17 on my new computer (going to dual-boot, but the Win 7 disc hasn't arrived yet). It can install from Ubuntu repos - so it should install those debs too, shouldn't it?

Got alpha 15 installed already, and it runs great. Would be nice to update it, and I don't really want to get into compiling it.

That is because that is only the 0ad package ie:the part that you don't want to compile ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

Hello guys got new alternative way to get offline installers as suggested by Rico Tzschichholz. Just go to terminal follow instructions provieded in this link after complete install browse to /var/cache/apt/archives folder. If u use GUI it is better to sort files according to date modified and there they are. All new packeges with the extension .deb's. :);)

I'll tell you exactly how I did it in Mint 17 MATE:

First, I added the PPA as a software source via the GUI. Then I tried sudo apt-get commands, not getting anything. So I downloaded the downloadable file from the PPA. Everything went automatically then, the rest of it downloaded and it was installed.

Pretty easy considering I didn't really know what I was doing. :wink2: