Playing with Romans

Roman swordsmen are among the best (especially champions). Use the testudo formation to go up against structures.

Roman siege equipment is also among the best. They can also research a tech that allows organic units to regain health slowly, which is very helpful.

When i last checked, EVERYONE can research that tech. (hint: Temple)

As for blacksmith upgrades" get the "all infantry" ones. So, hack armor and hack damage.

You might as-well win your melee engagements with uberpowrd swordsmen.

The Roman army camp is one of the strongest aspects of the civilization, since it can be build anywhere (neutral, allied, enemy territory) unnoticed if your opponent is focusing elsewhere. From there you can use it as a base to spawn siege and other units.

I think the Roman infantry and cavalry units stats are more or less the same across civilizations.

I newbe and play with Romans.

Someone experts can give some advices?

Ave fellow Roman

I suggest you look out for my next post about this very thing. I write "The Centurion" articles which I discuss Roman topics and strategy. My next article is called "The Roman Way - Strategy Construct of the Beginning of Empire"

Ave