Ponies Ascendant Alpha 1.0

LordGood

ah I might get rid of the auras then, I havent had a problem with them slowing the game (maybe because they're static entities) but then again I haven't built too many. Just being able pushing territory borders seems to be a big gameplay change in itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
12 hours ago, Rahman 540 said:

can i use this in a19?

You have access to all code, so if you're interested in modding, you can try updating it yourself.

If you do that, and keep the mod updated with 0 A.D., the mod will be ready for A20.

If you have any questions on how to solve a certain problem, you can join us on IRC chat: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.quakenet.org/0ad-dev

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nice update, there are also some new menu background images I didn’t remember before!

There are a lot of errors and warnings however:

Spoiler

WARNING: [ParamNode] Could not remove token 'Infantry' from node 'RestrictedClasses' in 'units/spart_support_female_citizen'; not present in list nor inherited (possible typo?)
WARNING: [ParamNode] Could not remove token 'Cavalry' from node 'RestrictedClasses' in 'units/spart_support_female_citizen'; not present in list nor inherited (possible typo?)
WARNING: [ParamNode] Could not remove token 'Champion' from node 'RestrictedClasses' in 'units/spart_support_female_citizen'; not present in list nor inherited (possible typo?)
WARNING: [ParamNode] Could not remove token 'CitizenSoldier' from node 'RestrictedClasses' in 'units/spart_support_female_citizen'; not present in list nor inherited (possible typo?)

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen:1: Element Auras failed to validate content
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed for '(null)'
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen'
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen'
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen'
WARNING: SkirmishReplacer.js: no replacements found in 'uni.json'
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: units/uni_support_female_citizen:1: Element Auras failed to validate content
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'units/uni_support_female_citizen'
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/uni_infantry_javelinist_b.xml"
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/uni_infantry_javelinist_b'
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/uni_infantry_javelinist_b.xml"
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: (null):0: Extra element animations in interleave
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/units/unicorns/infantry_spearman_b.xml:6: Element variant failed to validate content
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/units/unicorns/infantry_spearman_b.xml:5: Element group has extra content: variant
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: (null):0: Extra element group in interleave
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/units/unicorns/infantry_spearman_b.xml:4: Element actor failed to validate content
ERROR: CXeromyces: failed to validate XML file art/actors/units/unicorns/infantry_spearman_b.xml
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/uni_cavalry_javelinist_b.xml"
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/uni_cavalry_javelinist_b'
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/uni_cavalry_javelinist_b.xml"
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/uni_cavalry_javelinist_b'

Also you may want to update the download link on the first post, still pointing to an old revision.

@niektb : most issues are fixed now, thanks :). Here are the remaining errors:

Spoiler

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen:1: Element Auras failed to validate content
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'skirmish/units/default_support_female_citizen'
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: units/earth_support_female_citizen:1: Element Auras failed to validate content
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'units/earth_support_female_citizen'
TIMER| LoadDLL: 23.3299 ms
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: units/pega_support_female_citizen:1: Element Auras failed to validate content
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'units/pega_support_female_citizen'
TIMER| common/modern/setup.xml: 477.588 us
TIMER| common/global.xml: 19.7869 ms
GAME STARTED, ALL INIT COMPLETE
ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/Commands.js line 255
TypeError: template is undefined
  g_Commands.train@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:255:1
  ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:45:3

I am on SVN indeed, but are there already some incompatible changes vs A20? EDIT: will try and report with A20.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I really want to play this mod but I keep getting this error in the console/notification(?) spammed nonstop at the top left and I don't know what is causing it. I also cannot build the structure to the far left of the build panel with the mod.

(error I keep getting) JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/commands.js line 267 TypeError: template is undefined g_commands.trainSimulation/helpers/commands.js: 267: 1 Failed to call ProcessCommand( ) global script function

Also to get the mod to work I had to go into the mods.json file and turn the 20 in "dependencies" to 21. If that is what is causing the error I am sorry for wasting your time as this was an issue produced by me.

Can anybody please help me? I really want to play this mod and the creator (LordGood) told me to try this out for help.

• Like 1

@AtomicGaming Thanks for trying that out. In this case somebody has to make Ponies Ascendant compatible with A21.

@fcxSanya Thanks for the explanation. But, I use the Arch Linux package for 0 A.D., which gets constant updates. The current version of the game is A21-3 which means the package maintainer(s) updated the package since the release of A21 several times. Therefor, I am not really willing to downgrade from A21 to A20.

@balduin, @AtomicGaming, @stanislas69 I made a pull request with fixes for issues I was able to find: https://github.com/0ADMods/ponies_ascendant/pull/9 , please review / playtest :)

(there is a remaining "Extra element props in interleave" error with art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml , but I'm not sure whether it's a21-specific or was present before; going to examine it a bit more)