[Release] Rise of the East Yánxù 16 now available

niektb

The Council is both happy and proud to announce a brand new release!!!

Wy1GdKA.png Rise of the East

screenshot.jpg

Yup, I re-used one of Scion Development's screenshots.

What is it?
Rise of the East focusses on one faction the Chinese, during the Han Dynasty to be precise. With it's fancy theme this is surely one to mark! As a release name we've chosen Yánxù. This means continuation. Continuation of this beautiful project! :)

Current features:
- One playable faction: Han (No worries, the civilizations from the main game are still playable)
- 2 Custom Random Maps: Loess Plateau and Gobi Desert (made by Spahbod)

How to:
Step 1.
Download the modpack, if you're reading this, you may already have done this.
Step 2.
Move the parent directory (the folder containing this README) to the 0ad mod folder.
Step 3.
Launch 0ad with this mod. Instructions on how to do this depend on your operating system.

- Linux:
Type "0ad -mod=NAME_OF_THIS_FOLDER" in a terminal
- Windows:
Edit your shortcut and add "-mod=NAME_OF_THIS_FOLDER" to the command

To uninstall: Just remove your newly created folder. This mod doesn't overwrite anything it only adds.

Who are we?
The Council of Modders was formed up of two small modding teams and a few newcomers: Aristeia (about the bronze age) and Millennium A.D. (about medieval times) CoM aims to create a umbrella for all wannabee modders and help everyone needed and of course create their own projects, one of them is Rise of the East.

Rise of the East was added to the project list in early-2014 after an agreement with Scion's lead Rob Kimball. That having said: A lot of work in this release was done by Scion Development (almost everything), so we owe a large one to them for having paved the road for us to continue in their absence!

Download:
rote.zip

Our thanks go to everyone that helped us to achieve this mod through contributing, play testing or in another way!
If you have tips / suggestions, feel free to let us know. Also if you find bugs, let them know too. Support 0 A.D. if you like us: http://play0ad.com/community/donate/

Edited by niektb
  • Like 3

Here is exactly what comes up in the terminal after I launch the mod.

Cache: 500 (total: 7871) MiB

TIMER| InitVfs: 71.9006 ms

Sound: AlcInit success, using OpenAL Soft

TIMER| CONFIG_Init: 7.62847 ms

ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.

TIMER| RunHardwareDetection: 687.666 ms

TIMER| write_sys_info: 16.4392 ms

TIMER| InitRenderer: 1.4129 ms

TIMER| ps_console: 2.73639 ms

TIMER| ps_lang_hotkeys: 759.57 us

TIMER| common/modern/setup.xml: 277.145 us

TIMER| common/modern/styles.xml: 205.186 us

TIMER| common/modern/sprites.xml: 1.76725 ms

TIMER| common/setup.xml: 567.676 us

TIMER| common/sprite1.xml: 1.35508 ms

TIMER| common/styles.xml: 45.501 us

TIMER| common/common_sprites.xml: 1.53222 ms

TIMER| common/common_styles.xml: 235.564 us

TIMER| common/init.xml: 1.01286 ms

TIMER| pregame/sprites.xml: 399.541 us

TIMER| pregame/styles.xml: 39.09 us

ERROR: File '畧⽩潣浭湯洯獵捩樮sF' does not exist

ERROR: File '畧⽩潣浭湯是湵瑣潩獮束潬慢彬扯敪瑣樮sF' does not exist

ERROR: File '畧⽩潣浭湯是湵瑣潩獮畟楴楬祴敟牲牯樮s8' does not exist

ERROR: File '畧⽩牰来浡⽥慭湩敭畮樮s㝂' does not exist

ERROR:

ERROR: GUI: Unrecognized object type "

TIMER| pregame/mainmenu.xml: 695.219 us

TIMER| common/global.xml: 407.482 us

ERROR: GUI page 'page_pregame.xml': Failed to call init() function

Indeed. you can find the folder where 0ad is installed using http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

From what I know about Ubuntu:

- you can create aliases so the to be typed command is shorter

- When you would place a shortcut to the desktop can you set some kind of argument to run it (that is at least possible in Windows).

But leper and Hephaestion are working at a mod configurator which automates running mods, version control and all that kind of stuff about launching mods:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18400&page=2#entry293686

Well it works in multiplayer, but darn china is weak.

50 food, 50 wood, and 60 metal for the swordsman which is weaker than all other variants? Oh dear.

Did you forget to take something OUT of that cost? :)

Basically spam melee infantry to beat china. they cant resist, what with such an expensive unit to counter them.

Edited by auron2401

50 food, 50 wood, and 60 metal for the swordsman which is weaker than all other variants? Oh dear.

Basically spam melee infantry to beat china. they cant resist, what with such an expensive unit to counter them.

its not finish

Found a way to get a launcher for linux mint, but i can't get an icon. Can you convert the .ico file into .svg if possible? (icons for my specific OS use that filetype)

Did it ma'self.

Launcher guide for linux mint 17 qiana (mate)

Right click on desktop.

Create Launcher

Type: Application

Name: (whatever, i chose 0ad ROTE)

Command: 0ad -mod=whatever_you_named_your_mod_folder (eg: 0ad -mod=China)

Comment: irrelevent i think

This may or may not work in your specific OS

Also, it's not finished is a lazy excuse. at least make sure whenever you release something (even if it is in alpha) that most things SORT of work. (Which has been done, except that one hitch, UNLESS ITS INTENDED THEN WHAAT THAA FAAAAHHHH)

Rise_of_east_logo1.svg.tar.gz

Edited by auron2401

Found a way to get a launcher for linux mint, but i can't get an icon. Can you convert the .ico file into .svg if possible? (icons for my specific OS use that filetype)

Did it ma'self.

Launcher guide for linux mint 17 qiana (mate)

Right click on desktop.

Create Launcher

Type: Application

Name: (whatever, i chose 0ad ROTE)

Command: 0ad -mod=whatever_you_named_your_mod_folder (eg: 0ad -mod=China)

Comment: irrelevent i think

This may or may not work in your specific OS

Also, it's not finished is a lazy excuse. at least make sure whenever you release something (even if it is in alpha) that most things SORT of work. (Which has been done, except that one hitch, UNLESS ITS INTENDED THEN WHAAT THAA FAAAAHHHH)

The extended is, we don't have all resources, that are from the original team, from 0 A.D changes, yeah I tested thst but you noticed there aren't heroes, siege engines, cavalry units, champion units?

You know edit a XML? If the answer is yes, you can do it. Change and balancing ;) it's simple

---And yeah I can do it a svg, but I haven't time.---

You play 0 a.d alpha 1 or first 5 alphas, try I tell me what you think about that.

Nobodies pay us for modding so don't use LAZY. Please.

We are open team if you want change something, do it.

I can open the git hub gates to you make the changes, but are missing units and this mod are under Scion development, I'm only a tool or an instrument to bring this one to get to the life. Even my mod Aristeia have many errors but we need people to help not to don't help.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Balancing isn't a high priority right now (a lot of Chinese units aren't in yet), besides Chinese need their walls and towers which are stronger than most.

But I agree the swordsman could be a bit cheaper.

Edited by niektb

http://sciondevelopment.com

@Auron2401

Here you can go to help us, try to enter the forum and help to gather design info.

If you want contribute you can, modify the XML file delete wood and get the state at same in 0 A.D template for Infantry sword.

I'm not in computer now, and there are the 3 a.M I need sleep. I'm bad mod when I don't sleep.

Balancing isn't a high priority right now (a lot of Chinese units aren't in yet), besides Chinese need their walls and towers which are stronger than most.

But I agree the swordsman could be a bit cheaper.

I think we need a balance tester now we get a volunteer if he wants. :)

Lion, the design docs are behind closed doors @Scion.

But Auron2401, if you have specific things don't forget to point it out. Then we can take a look at it. The swordsman cost is a valid point I think. I will have a look at it. :thumbsup:

I know, so we need planned all missing units. Even I add Cavalry archer but I research more about Han we need at last two kind of Units( west and east) armies, introduce siege towers, and a nomadic minifaction

May be a building as eyecandy to train them.

You remember Seleucid reform we can use the same to Han dynasty to choose west and east units.

*Salute*

I Will test it out greviously and strenuously sir!

Okay, new Find:
Skirmish entities such as walls, houses, barracks' Give the athenian greek Variants instead, i was going to play a game of Fortress but i ended up playing as 2 factions was once ;3

Edited by auron2401

• 2 months later...