If the CC is down: AI or player can't build... no chance to recover? A suggestion about that

Blake

Human or AI losing those building and not having resources to build a new CC is a loss; unless you have an army that can crush the enemy. A Timer seems good; but an army of 300 that lost their CC because their opponent rushed them in wave attack is not done. Maybe a timer between combats. If you have units not attacking for X amount of time, game over. Reset the timer after each attack. An army may need to regroup after a battle.

this ends the "hunting game".

pace time can be added later. Take it easy.

• 1 year later...
On 24/06/2014 at 8:14 PM, iNcog said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a kind of mobile drop site for stone, wood and metal. Yeah the elephant does do that for the Mauryans, but I'm thinking of a slightly faster unit, which obviously costs more. The idea behind a mobile drop-site is that you could use that to gather resources on the map outside of your frontiers, with infantry. In this manner one could be aggressive with infantry but still gather resources during the down time. The favorite thing age of empires players like to say about 0 AD is that defender's advantage is too strong in this game since infantry gather resources. I don't agree with this at all but introducing this mobile drop-site would be a great way to both make the naysayers shut up while adding something potentially interesting to the game.

Just a random thought I had, might as well share it. I don't think mobile drop-sites are a priority at all but it's nice to talk about. It would certainly help players who have lost their CC stage a comeback.

I believe once town stage is achieved. There should be a technology available from trade building that enables all trade buildings, units and boats as drop sites mobile or fixed. So that boats and workers can comfortably work along the trade routes between allies as the trader passes between two markets or docks. It's not a request just an idea. I have no problem if it's never implemented. 

This might negate the advantage that work elephant gives to the Mauryans. You can make the work elephant special again if it you can give it an ability to gather wood itself (you already have the tree log lifting animation for it) besides being a mobile drop site.

Edited by sicunder