(Japanese)=TASK= Training place: Dojo (Late Medieval)

Radagast.

Oops. I'm sorry, I just should have translated Dojo, I only read there were soldiers ... we're continuing to fail. lol

A dojo (道場 dōjō?) is a Japanese term which literally means "place of the way". Initially, dōjōs were adjunct to temples. The term can refer to a formal training place for any of the Japanese do arts but typically it is considered the formal gathering place for students of any Japanese martial arts style such as karate, judo, or samurai,[1] to conduct training, examinations and other related encounters.

The concept of a dōjō as a training place specifically for martial arts is a Western concept; in Japan, any physical training facility, includingprofessional wrestling schools, may be called dōjō because of its closemartial arts roots.[2]

Hephaestion, it looks great! It's just as I imagined it, I just think the entrance would look better at the middle, but I liked the model a lot :D . As for the fort, we can use the Castle, wich would be a very versatile building, able to train cavalry, lancers (mounted and infantry), archers and heroes. The dojo is something as a "elite barracks" for swordsmen and fast hand-to-hand fighters.

• Like 1

Hephaestion, it looks great! It's just as I imagined it, I just think the entrance would look better at the middle, but I liked the model a lot :D . As for the fort, we can use the Castle, wich would be a very versatile building, able to train cavalry, lancers (mounted and infantry), archers and heroes. The dojo is something as a "elite barracks" for swordsmen and fast hand-to-hand fighters.

nice the first sp1

Thanks, though your drawings are what made it happen. I wish I had those skills, me I just modeled .. oh wait .. it rather was blender which modeled it, hopefully I blender can improve it later when we reach the timeframe.

From the day after tomorrow on I'll concentrate on Heian buildings.

The dojo is something as a "elite barracks" for swordsmen and fast hand-to-hand fighters.

Should we make it depend on the usual barracks? It could be a researchable building in the common barrack via a technology?

It's exactly what I imagined!Thanks for modeling it. I'd just make the small building a little bigger (I hate asking for much, sorry).As for the usage, it would be a unique building, since it concentrates in training hand to hand infantry and ronin samurai (maybe after tech research you could also hire mercenaries there). I think the castle would be the closest to the barracks. Just an idea, what if the units trained at the dojo ( and maybe some units form the Chinese faction) had the special power of disarming a determinate unit they're fighting against? So the disarmed unit would have very inferior attack.

Edited by Le Druide Gaulois

We could think of something like that indeed. I could try to add disarming when I continue on capturing (though we need a new transformation componenent for it and I have to figure the C++ part side code for this. Ok, for the disarming the prop doesn't need to be removed, but to me disarming means without weapon and immediately prisoner of war, somehow redundant with capturing.)

Very inferior attack without removing the weapon prop would work with JavaScript only.

Thanks for notifying me, scaling up that building is no problem as this is not an engineering drawing (where we possibly not could scale up the garden house object as a whole because planks and pillars might not have to maintain their thickness).

Anyway, I can change it all to your liking, we can even scale props soon with Sander's new patch.

• Like 1