[Release] Aristeia Amāna-Ḥātpa Alpha 16 is available for download now!

niektb

The Council is both happy and proud to announce its first release ever!!!

T0SOxw6.png Aristeia

YxaHwzI.png

What is it?

Aristeia is a mod focusing on the Bronze Age. While there is currently only one Civilizations available, in the future Aristeia will contain all major factions from that timespan. For the sharp-eyed: Yes, indeed, it covers much of Age of Empires 1's timespan.

As name we've chosen for Amāna-Ḥātpa. And the releases are numbered after the version they are compatible with. Thus this release is called Aristeia Amāna-Ḥātpa Alpha 16.

Current features:

- One playable faction: Egyptians (No worries, the civilizations from the main game are still playable)

- Conversions: Old School conversion system as in the famous AoE series

How to:

Step 1.

Download the modpack, if you're reading this, you may already have done this.

Step 2.

Move the parent directory (the folder containing this README) to the 0ad mod folder.

Step 3.

Launch 0ad with this mod. Instructions on how to do this depend on your operating system.

- Linux:
Type "0ad -mod=NAME_OF_THIS_FOLDER" in a terminal
- Windows:
Edit your shortcut and add "-mod=NAME_OF_THIS_FOLDER" to the command

To uninstall: Just remove your newly created folder. This mod doesn't overwrite anything it only adds.

Who are we?

The Council of Modders was formed up of two small modding teams and a few newcomers: Aristeia (about the bronze age) and Millennium A.D. (about medieval times) CoM aims to create a umbrella for all wannabee modders and help everyone needed and of course create their own projects, one of them is Aristeia.

Download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aristeia/files/Aristeia.zip/download

Our thanks go to everyone that helped us to achieve this mod through contributing, play testing or in another way!

If you have tips / suggestions, feel free to let us know. Also if you find bugs, let them know too. Support 0 A.D. if you like us: http://play0ad.com/community/donate/

Edited by niektb
  • Like 1

Very nice to see this release. Hope you'll enjoy the code changes made in svn so far. ;)

sincerily in want this Mod to testing 0.a.D features. Im interesting user like programmers expose their wild ideas about gameplay. PD : thank you.

You know where I get new programmers? I like you and Ieper participating in this.

sincerily in want this Mod to testing 0.a.D features. Im interesting user like programmers expose their wild ideas about gameplay. PD : thank you.

I most likely won't actually code stuff, but you can always ask me specific help, and I'm also trying to get the public mod more moddable. That was hard when there were no mods around.

You know where I get new programmers? I like you and Ieper participating in this.

leper starts with a lower case l, not an upper case i. I had to read twice too, especially because there's a town called Ieper very close to me (written as Ypres in English).

Where do you find them? They normally find you. Just be open, try to make good code, and others will probably drop by and contribute a line. After that, it's a matter of making them contribute more than their first line.

I most likely won't actually code stuff, but you can always ask me specific help, and I'm also trying to get the public mod more moddable. That was hard when there were no mods around.

leper starts with a lower case l, not an upper case i. I had to read twice too, especially because there's a town called Ieper very close to me (written as Ypres in English).

Where do you find them? They normally find you. Just be open, try to make good code, and others will probably drop by and contribute a line. After that, it's a matter of making them contribute more than their first line.

here i found all programers ... but I remember time ago Zoot do it a suggestion about a site to request volunteers, PD. "Ieper" ever have that doubt.

Hephaestion have very nice ideas me too but he is programmer , I only changes XML files it's very like to html with the tags

I have my own but I need very large programmers even to contribute to main when speak about gameplay features with nomolester ( Millenium) we strongly agree with each feature is better if is native from main 0A.D our mods are here to prepare new artist or contributor.

With the next Release it'll get in better order I believe. I've still not yet fully arrived. My tool chain is not fully settled yet. My system broke short before release. Luckily Niek had it all in control. Thank you for the good work and endless efforts.

Thanks for the good resonance in the 0A.D. team, the new engine + gameplay (simulation) changes are a huge improvement for the maintainability of mods.

@Lion:
As we will provide mainly building blocks (content, funcitonality, storyline) it's always reusable for 0A.D.
The question rather is if it all fits the scheme, theme, vision and 0A.D.'s concept of being a pitched battle of a subset of the strongest powers of the Iron Age.

• Like 2

hehehe that the problem, when you créate the shortcut you must in shortcut proprieties put the commands to start from Aristeia.

Ah yes that was the part which gave me a really painful headache xD. I still don't really understand how to do it.

but hey, just being the noob here xD

Ah yes that was the part which gave me a really painful headache xD. I still don't really understand how to do it.

but hey, just being the noob here xD

i was noob. It's very common issue the first time.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18474&p=288481

May be need a visual tutorial, the problem is the programmer believe the instructions are enough but Some of us are more visual.

• Like 1

I can make an installer :)

Hephaestion and leper will probably cooperate on a mod manager. Probably for A17. There isn't a lot left to be done. Only a gui and some changes to the VFS for a correct initialisation.

Users would still have to place the zip in the right directory, but the launching the game with the mod should be easier.

I can make an installer :)

That'd be great ^_^

i was noob. It's very common issue the first time.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18474&p=288481

May be need a visual tutorial, the problem is the programmer believe the instructions are enough but Some of us are more visual.

I agree with you Lion. For someone like me it's hard to understand without visuals :unknw:

• Like 1

• niektb unpinned this topic