Getting RotE up-to-date

niektb

Good, I tested RotE through, fixed a couple of things already but there are a few things left that needs discussion:

1. There are no blacksmith and wonder buildings. Fortress and temple actors are from the romans.

=> temporarily disabled the blacksmith and wonder

2. there is no female template for training them at houses:

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'units/chin_support_female_citizen_house'

=> Fixed.

3. the temple and the storehouse never get completed when building them. Might have something to do with these errors:

ERROR: Script message handler OnGlobalOwnershipChanged failedERROR: Error in timer on entity 152, IID 80, function TimerHandler: TypeError: template is undefined ProductionQueue.prototype.CalculateEntitiesList/upgradeTemplate@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:111 ProductionQueue.prototype.CalculateEntitiesList@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:125 ProductionQueue.prototype.OnOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:477 Foundation.prototype.Build@simulation/components/Foundation.js:294 Builder.prototype.PerformBuilding@simulation/components/Builder.js:65 UnitFsmSpec.INDIVIDUAL.REPAIR.REPAIRING.Timer@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:2636 FSM.prototype.ProcessMessage@simulation/helpers/FSM.js:274 UnitAI.prototype.TimerHandler@simulation/components/UnitAI.js:3741 Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:93

We should carefuly check whether there are any differences between the Chinese storehouse/temple and other storehouses/temples. (I could recall similar problems occured in Aristeia)

=> Fixed.

4. The game is unable to find garrisonflags:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/actors/props/special/common/garrison_flag_chin.xml"ERROR: CObjectManager::FindObjectBase(): Cannot find object 'props/special/common/garrison_flag_chin.xml'ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/special/common/garrison_flag_chin.xml" on actor "tower"

That is true, there aren't any.

=> Fixed.

These are the errors I could find so far but only the unfixed ones.

Of course the mod isn't finished after this but this is required to get it playable. Later I'll post a couple of tasks for this stuff.

Oh, and I haven't checked anything naval related.

Edited by niektb

I noted that we lack a couple of anims too. The fishing ship lacks a proper one, the cavalry spearman doesn't have an attack anim.

Also the fireship hasn't a projectile attachpoint.

I temporarily disabled building wonders and blacksmiths. And I'm currently looking into the temple, the house and the storehouse.

Edited by niektb

Note that some skirmish templates should also be updated (copied from 0 A.D. and added a line).

We should find something better for this though. If you want, you can make a ticket about better mod support for skirmish maps.

Copied fully or is it possible to extend it with just one line? (Makes difference when running multiple mods at once)

Copied fully or is it possible to extend it with just one line? (Makes difference when running multiple mods at once)

Copied fully, that's how I realized we need something better for it.

Though you only need to copy the templates that don't work.

There's also a skirmish demo, where you can test all skirmish templates possible in the main game.