Unit Recruitment

Flavius Aetius

How would I make a unit currently not recruitable into one that is recruitable? Say I want to recruit the Imperial Legionnaires available int he Scenario editor actually in the game for example? Or the Thorakites/Theurophoros Units?

As others have said, you can add them to the Roman barracks' XML file using any text editor. The Thorakites and Thureophoros units can be recruited from the "Royal Stoa" building. Just place that in Atlas in a scenario and you can train those units from it. An easy example would be to run the Macedonians sandbox demo scenario. (y)

• Like 2

Tu Gratiam everyone.

I asked because I was not familiar with the game's script or anything, haven't modded anything outside of RTW or M2TW.

Another question: Where is the Roman Barrack's .xml file? I hope I don't have to extract it from a DAT or something cause I don't have anything to extract it with (winRAR only works on RAR's AFAIK)

Edited by Flavius Aetius

You can edit it directly in your public mod (for release versions, you first have to unzip the public mod though), then it's here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/structures/rome_barracks.xml (follow the path from "public" on).

By modifying the public mod, you do make your version incompatible with other versions (which will make multiplayer games impossible), and the changes will also be overwritten by new versions from our side.

If you want to avoid that, you can make a new mod, next to "public", and only put that barracks XML in there, with the same relative path. When you load the game using the mod (pyrogenesis -mod=modName), then it will overwrite the public barracks file with your version. But when you load the game without the mod, then you will still be able to play normal multiplayer games.

• Like 2

I've tried that, and it's the same error, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'll have to do the same thing I do with IBUR: copy the public folder and rename the original, and install the mod over the copy.

EDIT: figured out the problem! Got it fixed. Iw as putting "-mod=xxx" inside the quotation marks when it needed to be outside.

Edited by Flavius Aetius