[Plan] Modding Programs

FueledByOCHD

So im planning on making some programs to make modding quite simple, please give your ideas on it

1) I plan on adding few more things into my ReadMe Gen

2) A mod File Manager

3) A quick Civ.json file generator

4) A quick Tech.json File Generator

-------------More Ideas will follow--------------------------

It's a good idea to have this as C# tools around - allows to live edit your own mods. The problem is sharing it though, especially if your data/mods/your_mod/ folder is not a Git/SVN/Hg repository .

It's not interfering with our Mod Manager as the Mod Manager handles downloads and activation from within the main game.

It's also okay for my Civilisation generator (which is a webtool/central civ database and allows to change the XML scheme on the fly, e.g. adding a timetag and automatically signaling in a civ that this element now has to be added. All in a webinterface. The interface is not yet ready though. Am working on it.).

what mod manager does is the same (also to 0ad), just keep it separate from the main repo as you could otherwise easily break it. It's best to keep the data/mods/public/ folder clean.

All from the mods folder overwrites the public files.

Also how do you want to distribute your changes if they are directly spread across anywhere in the 0AD mods/public/ folder? Nevertheless I like your program.

will alot make way to 7z/zip the files when done.
sounds like the answer to my question... sorry if I have confusing effect currently.

@Hephaestion a long time ago, the team made tools for max, would be nice if they were updated to max and ported to blender, do you think you could do that provided with the source code ? Also there were some minor bugs according to Wijitmaker.

Currently I'm a bit stretched. But I can add to the list if it must be - though it may take a lot of time. You can really call me gum currently. Luckily my current job project is a waiting game, though I have time for the forum next to it. (Waiting is :down: .)

Which features do you miss in 3DSMax and blender?

I do not miss anything ;) Tools were made a long time ago. Tools are made to gain time :) and therefore I consider updating those tools is a greating to the one who made them.

Not sure which tools you're talking about? The only Max related thing I know of was the exporter, but I could be missing something - I'm not an Art expert. Would probably be a good thing if you described what they'd do/why you'd want them though. If nothing else to make it easier for the programmer to feel that it's important to work on. Just doing something because it might prove to be useful in some way to someone some time isn't as encouraging as "I need this tool for this reason" ;)

• Like 1