Where you from? and what meeans your nickname? And may be your GTM(optional)

( I do it because the people ask me things at 3:am or request me at that time) the other question is for mother lenguage in my case is Spanish, and at last my nick name, for me is more easy remember a nickname in the forum if I know what mean, obviusly all call me Lion.

Im From Honduras.

My nick ñame is Lion= the animal kanzen= Perfect in

Japanese.

My GTM hour is -6 GTM

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm from Athens, Greece, which means I'm at gmt +2/+3 I believe, depending on the time of year (with the changes applied to save electricity). My nickname comes from the Bad Religion song of the same name, not directly from the bible. I've always been lazy/weak at finding good short names, such as usernames and song titles, while on the other hand I've got no issues writing long texts or several songs a day.

• Like 3

I'm from Chicago (GMT -6, I believe). My name comes from the first initial of my given name (Timothy) and my last name (Hamlett). It's my username a lot of places. I know a smattering of spanish, but don't expect any miracles - I'm much better in Classic Latin.

• Like 1

I'm from Macedonia, Greece, the birthplace of Alexander the Great (not to be confused with the modern Slavic country known as FYROM - former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia - which borders with Macedonia, Greece, but it was not Macedonia in antiquity, it was Paeonia, an enemy of Macedonia). The term "Macedonian" comes from the Greek "Μακεδόνας" and means "highlander" ("Macedonia" means "highland" - Greek: Μακεδονία) and comes from the adjective μακεδνός (makednós), meaning "high", "tall". According to Herodotus ("Histories", 1.56.2,3):

The Pelasgian race has never yet left its home; the Greek has wandered often and far. For in the days of king Deucalion it inhabited the land of Phthia, then the country called Histiaean, under Ossa and Olympus, in the time of Dorus son of Hellen; driven from this Histiaean country by the Cadmeans, it settled about Pindus and was called Macedonian; from there again it migrated to Dryopia, and at last came from Dryopia into the Peloponnese, where it was called Dorian.”

(Greek original:

ταῦτα γὰρ ἦν τὰ προκεκριμένα, ἐόντα τὸ ἀρχαῖον τὸ μὲν Πελασγικὸν τὸ δὲ Ἑλληνικὸν ἔθνος. καὶ τὸ μὲν οὐδαμῇ κω ἐξεχώρησε, τὸ δὲ πολυπλάνητον κάρτα. ἐπὶ μὲν γὰρ Δευκαλίωνος βασιλέος οἴκεε γῆν τὴν Φθιῶτιν, ἐπὶ δὲ Δώρου τοῦ Ἕλληνος τὴν ὑπὸ τὴν Ὄσσαν τε καὶ τὸν Ὄλυμπον χώρην, καλεομένην δὲ Ἱστιαιῶτιν: ἐκ δὲ τῆς Ἱστιαιώτιδος ὡς ἐξανέστη ὑπὸ Καδμείων, οἴκεε ἐν Πίνδῳ Μακεδνὸν καλεόμενον: ἐνθεῦτεν δὲ αὖτις ἐς τὴν Δρυοπίδα μετέβη καὶ ἐκ τῆς Δρυοπίδος οὕτω ἐς Πελοπόννησον ἐλθὸν Δωρικὸν ἐκλήθη.)

Edited by Macedonian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Idanwin, based upon a character from the Dutch book "Brief voor de Koning" (en "Geheimen van het Wilde Woud")

I live in Flanders (flemish part of Belgium), studied in Wallonia (french part of Belgium) and currently study in the UK.

GMT 0/+1

Idanwin a.k.a. Ilya and Eris

P.S. We have two Hamlett's :-D

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1

niektb is derivated from my full name Niek ten Brinke. (Not the most original) I mostly use this one at other forums except steam where my name is THUNDERGUNNER! (In collaboration with my brother THUNDERHUNTER!). I live and study in the Netherlands, currently studying Electrical Engineering. GMT+1/+2.

• Like 3

niektb is derivated from my full name Niek ten Brinke. (Not the most original) I mostly use this one at other forums except steam where my name is THUNDERGUNNER! (In collaboration with my brother THUNDERHUNTER!). I live and study in the Netherlands, currently studying Electrical Engineering. GMT+1/+2.

Neil for me is exotic your name, I never ear that name before, your ear "Marcio" ? Is Latin Roman name very common in Portugal and Spain. The country where is more common is Brazil.

I'm in the US, Washington State, not far from Mount St. Helens - Portland, Oregon is the nearest major city. GMT - 8.

Greenknight was a chess room handle, originally. I'm an organic gardener, and I like to use my knights aggressively, so I came up with that. My avatar is a medieval illustration of the Green Knight from the Arthurian legend "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight".

• Like 2

Teiresias was a prophet of Apoll, whom Odysseus called up from the dead while he stayed at Circe. He told Odysseus to leave the herds of Helios alone which didn't work out so well...
It's an allusion of me being mostly silent/offline, only to show up from time to time to warn on upcoming troubles ;-)

Sent from Germany @+2h GMT

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • feneur featured and unfeatured this topic
  • feneur pinned this topic