[Status] Collection of Functionality Ideas

Radagast.

Excuse me, sometimes I have a hard time understanding what our councilors mean. It's probably that I'm not native in foreign languages. got it, added the link to the github for the eyecandy-construction. thx man! Great mod!

and add me to construction of roads

okay, wll do. thx.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there abilities like Starcraft ?

I have other idea inspired in SC2 to bring Ai ally cooperative, in Starcraft you can give order to other allies (AI) you have a serie of command buttons

Explore

Attack

Produce units( champions) / support units/ simple unit rush.

Defend

Send troops+ position.( like flare in AOE)

• 2 years later...

Colleagues, you always again surprise with extraordinary mazes. How epic is this palace? Is it really put directly into the rock. Subtraction construction instead of addition/stack construction.

--
Thought about migrating this community functionality wishlist to version control but the colors are an obstacle here. I'd miss them. xD

As worlddevelopment has a throng tonight to decide whether a permanent forum may make sense or whether existing channels (blenderartists, wildfiregames, opensourceecology, buildtheenterprise, allbaoutcircuits, ...) will be reused, which supports single source principle and would make world populations' life easier not having to check another forum, password and so forth.

Another argument that will be fielded especially in terms of 0A.D. where tension is far bigger than worlddevelopment's good relations to opensourceecology et alia is that `sister project` makes more sense than `opponent`. My subjective view has come to understand that both sides will just tolerate each others quirks and find a common denominator which is historical accuracy among others. It's no good open source community fighting each other.

So I guess the decision will be pro "not reinventing the wheel" and personally I must say I missed the historical discussions and plan forging here a lot. So I may be found here from time to time for historical reading and maybe at times trying to help here and there. Do not expect too much because I'm deeply struggling with getting started functionality in the virtual time machine 0 B.C. to work which is no less mind twisting  endeavor than 0 A.D. while having diverged significantly (and time resources for the open source virtual time machine are far less than the open source engineering).

Note no interest here in team or whatever. I consider team and the hierarchies of 0AD a quirk as you find your quirks in me. Either all develop the effort jointly and level or it is not real open source neither. Just like the binary blobs all over in open source hardware. My quirk is that sources are published on release which also is not uncommon a open source quirk.

A release date depends upon progress. Then you will have your stack entities #28, transition animations, weather, seasons. 0AD is old, and it will survive the next decades too if we extrapolate its existence. See it positively: waiting for virtual features is better than waiting for e.g. your girlfriend returning from the graveyard. So I can not really understand all the aggression against a pretty typical open source principle: provide sources to a release.

The last years have been quite chaotic: after having lived in the car in university due to no more funds for the flat for 2 years, being homeless shortly after my studies again when I lost my job as patron, actually in the time of my major quarrels with 0AD, having lost people I loved so extremely that it turns me apart, several bankruptcies had to be overcome, being under pressure by state regulations, having found asylum in a farm upstream from where I can still conduct my patronages (community strain is put on people like crazy), but which was already partly force-taken by the state authorities and bankrupt again, almost all material things breaking too (I know it can always become worse and I won't complain, but believe me, I am no gentle person anymore and thus my patience may vary. Especially I don't understand fun that well as you might understand a bit better now.).

I had virtually no time for 0 B.C. which was another reason to drive me crazy with things spinning out of control and not even have a distraction.

But hey, it's under control now. And now we even have a huge base for  worlddevelopment and epic fantasy affairs. Finances have balanced and we can even hire some fellows and I asked Stan for help several times but I understand his full commitment to wildfiregames.

And now we have to increase efforts to get the world safe and peaceful again because we want  an epic world. Then we will find our own peace too.

---

The functionality wishlist is not up to date.

Edited by Radagast.

What i meant is for instance you have a village. Units can garrison in or out of the small houses and have a small path defined per waypoints. On each waypoint they may start an animation like i don ´t know sitting on a bench.then going fishing or see another unit and start a discussing animation.

Stan, now I think I understand. Now with trigger scripts. you can do it, just add points to influence your settlers when the map creator wants a special behavior of the settlers or you wish increased danger for e.g. avalanches. (predefined events)

(In later The Settlers versions the units were mere actors without collision and not assailable other than by wild animals, isn't it? Do you think these were just following these predefined waypoints to relieve the pathfinder computations? And that the wild animal attacks also were some kind of trick because I can not remember if those civilians just have run away from the wild animals or if they took damage.)

DYNAMIC EVENTS

In contrast to predefined events things like traps are not on the fly manually added by e.g. hunter units. (dynamic events and better not solve this using auras because only if an entity knows of the trap then it will avoid it, so there is some flow of information)

For sitting on a bench it may be easier to just check the unit's will to sit on a bank it comes by randomly. If the will is low then a friend could still be the convincing factor. The checks should be simple and few for performance.

THE ROLE OF ROADS, BRIDGES

The "way points" for traveling between garrisoning in and out could be roads, bridges. This has the advantage that they are destructible what trigger points are not.

And if you want an additional RPG like feeling then place a trigger point and predefine the event in the trigger script and wait until your target unit (heroine controlled by player) comes by your trigger point, or? In the script it then should be checked though if the bridge is still existent taking replacements/ upgrades into account, this could be tricky so maybe just check if the region is traversable or if there is a kind of building there.

For the school example you gave, this could be made happen similarly with the difference that the parents will need to send the children to school first. This depended on the culture and time of history if I'm not mistaken.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Hi, I'm new to the group, but I already play a game and I have some ideas ...
It would be interesting a system of streets or even a brush with the texture of the street so that your city seems more real.
Another idea would be the wall system similar to the game Stronghold crusader 2 where you have a great freedom to build and give a unique face to your city.
Finally it would be interesting if it had a mod that would decrease people more so that the structures seem bigger and more real.
Sorry if I posted this message in the wrong topic, but it was the place I found most convenient to post, I hope to return thanks = D.
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • Stan` unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
On 01/06/2014 at 10:14 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Explore

Attack

Produce units( champions) / support units/ simple unit rush.

Defend

Send troops+ position.( like flare in AOE)

Good idea

It would be interesting a system of streets or even a brush with the texture of the street so that your city seems more real.

Yes but in reality it's not like that. A small path or tracks / footsteps surely form. But real useful streets have to be built. (I am a nasty farmer, have sunken into muddy earth a trillion times, but never formed a street or rigid road by itself magically ;))

Another idea would be the wall system similar to the game Stronghold crusader 2 where you have a great freedom to build and give a unique face to your city.

Oh yes

Finally it would be interesting if it had a mod that would decrease people more so that the structures seem bigger and more real.

hehe finally I fulfilled our wish. Super happy about it

Sorry if I posted this message in the wrong topic, but it was the place I found most convenient to post, I hope to return thanks = D.

Likable

Finally we can check quite some points from this list

• Like 1