Mint

Stan`

The mill looks brilliant! You're a talent, a question of time when the art studios just take over our complete art team. :/ I love settlers, .. it was so cute we (my friends and mine) really dreamed of settlers at night once we were in our 5th school year ... :)

You know Stan, if you texture as you work you can get things mapped a lot faster, even if you use a substitute texture pack.

If I only knew how to do it ... directly put a UV/ImageEditor, create NEW texture and go into texture paint mode? Eventually opening in GIMP via UV/ImageEditor -> External Tools?

And you paint it all on one huge texture? Or is this just as it is baked at the end?

• Like 2

The mill looks brilliant! You're a talent, a question of time when the art studios just take over our complete art team. :/

What do you mean by that ?

I love settlers, .. it was so cute we (my friends and mine) really dreamed of settlers at night once we were in our 5th school year ... :)

This is my favourite game. I spent hours trying to decrypt BBa format and to understand how our germans friend learnt so many things from the game. I eventually manage to open the archives of the demo. And found that a lot of stuff was missing. There was even a dragon in the assets. That's by that time that i wanted to be a modder.

If I only knew how to do it ... directly put a UV/ImageEditor, create NEW texture and go into texture paint mode? Eventually opening in GIMP via UV/ImageEditor -> External Tools?

This is not the hardest part. I have a lot of UV's if you want to become crazy with gimp.

And you paint it all on one huge texture? Or is this just as it is baked at the end?

I'll UVmap parts of it, and then merge everything as a single UV, never found out if it was possible in blender. But my texture will suck again :(

What do you mean by that ?

Sorry for ambiguity. Meant that they will come take you and leave us here alone without art team .... very probable indeed. That's a sad thing about open source projects. We must succeed in building that agricultural machines to make us less dependent on money. I love food forests for example. :D

And meant mint instead of mill. Recently worked on a real world manufacturing mill, just too confused ...

This is my favourite game. I spent hours trying to decrypt BBa format and to understand how our germans friend learnt so many things from the game. I eventually manage to open the archives of the demo. And found that a lot of stuff was missing. There was even a dragon in the assets. That's by that time that i wanted to be a modder.

What are saying here? Am I getting it right? :omg: *Radagast can't believe it ... this must be a dream. You found a dragon in settlers that was never used? :D

And what about german friends? How do you know all this about me. ;) We loved this game ... really you made my day with your comment, I wish I were a more talented modder. We must not stop. If people believe it or not: It's finally all about magic. If it weren't for magic in live ... well ... what then this would all be about?

This is not the hardest part. I have a lot of UV's if you want to become crazy with gimp.

Perhaps at some point we can get it in our CoM->share repository? I heard about the issues you were facing with the alpha channels and colours ...

I'd happy to help if my humble self ever had the capabilities to come close to yours.

I'll UVmap parts of it, and then merge everything as a single UV, never found out if it was possible in blender. But my texture will suck again :(

Comrad, as I read it, you UV unwrap the models, put materials on, optionally assign materials to vertices in Edit Mode (if pyrogenesis allows). Then later it is all being baked. That finally results in the typical one-piece textures ... but I could have misread it totally. I have not yet come around to testing this.

So don't give up. You can be assured my bow's loyalty. I'm pretty happy with what you produce. It reminds me of settlers and of legends ... stories of wisdom ... *woke up* Mint, we can mint mints? What a great idea Stan!! :notworthy:

Edited by Hephaestion

Sorry for ambiguity. Meant that they will come take you and leave us here alone without art team .... very probable indeed. That's a sad thing about open source projects. We must succeed in building that agricultural machines to make us less dependent on money. I love food forests for example. :D

And meant mint instead of mill. Recently worked on a real world manufacturing mill, just too confused ...

Well It' be a long time before someone takes me don't worry. I have more chances to be taken as a programmer than as an artist ^^

What are saying here? Am I getting it right? :omg: *Radagast can't believe it ... this must be a dream. You found a dragon in settlers that was never used? :D

And what about german friends? How do you know all this about me. ;) We loved this game ... really you made my day with your comment, I wish I were a more talented modder. We must not stop. If people believe it or not: It's finally all about magic. If it weren't for magic in live ... well ... what then this would all be about?

Yeah, If I can this week I will install back the demo and get back that dragon model. There was also Silver and Gold mines that should be inspirationnal. They were here but not referenced in entities.xml so nobody ever saw them.

Perhaps at some point we can get it in our CoM->share repository? I heard about the issues you were facing with the alpha channels and colours ...

I'd happy to help if my humble self ever had the capabilities to come close to yours.

I'm sure you may be able to do something. :)

Comrad, as I read it, you UV unwrap the models, put materials on, optionally assign materials to vertices in Edit Mode (if pyrogenesis allows). Then later it is all being baked. That finally results in the typical one-piece textures ... but I could have misread it totally. I have not yet come around to testing this.

Not really Actually you put on flat all the pieces, with face mode, or vertices or edges depends on what you have to flatten. I'll make a tutorial to show you. And then you make one big object and UV coordinates merge, so that you just have to move them to form a big square, and export this square as a PNG with an alpha.

So don't give up. You can be assured my bow's loyalty. I'm pretty happy with what you produce. It reminds me of settlers and of legends ... stories of wisdom ... *woke up* Mint, we can mint mints? What a great idea Stan!! :notworthy:

My axe and swords are yours my friend ;)

Goodness, it's coming out better and better ...

Finally you have already finished it. What an achievement. I wish to be the smith just forging something. Or rather minting some spectacular mints picturing a dragon. :)

Thank you so much for those detailed videos. I see it's quite similar to blender, so blender is more SPACEBAR and shortcut centered. I should definitely follow the procedure ... perhaps I have to downalod 3DS Max. hm.. I realise I first have to switch OS.

Well It' be a long time before someone takes me don't worry. I have more chances to be taken as a programmer than as an artist ^^

Yet another programmer. It's sad for me the same might be true. Still looking for how to solve all those programming pitfalls. I have to say a GUI is one of the main creators of pitfalls though it's nice to look at, having colours around is never a bad idea. Imagine living in a sandstorm.

Not really Actually you put on flat all the pieces, with face mode, or vertices or edges depends on what you have to flatten. I'll make a tutorial to show you. And then you make one big object and UV coordinates merge, so that you just have to move them to form a big square, and export this square as a PNG with an alpha.

Honestly, this sounds just like the way to go. Must have read the procedure I described while I was dreaming. I asked strike-through tags for help once again - to keep the confusion I create at min.

Goodness, it's coming out better and better ...

Finally you have already finished it. What an achievement. I wish to be the smith just forging something. Or rather minting some spectacular mints picturing a dragon. :)

Well If you look at the video, it's animated ;) Anyway not finished need to deal with that wood part.

Thank you so much for those detailed videos. I see it's quite similar to blender, so blender is more SPACEBAR and shortcut centered. I should definitely follow the procedure ... perhaps I have to downalod 3DS Max. hm.. I realise I first have to switch OS.

Yeah unfortunately, max doesn't work with wine. Gmax, which is the free version of Max works though. (It's the equivalent of Max 2004 with no render, and that needs some plugins to export stuff. Good to learn max though.

Yet another programmer. It's sad for me the same might be true. Still looking for how to solve all those programming pitfalls. I have to say a GUI is one of the main creators of pitfalls though it's nice to look at, having colours around is never a bad idea. Imagine living in a sandstorm.

Well I have some C knowledge, and javascript but I still feel I'm not able to program anything.

Honestly, this sounds just like the way to go. Must have read the procedure I described while I was dreaming. I asked strike-through tags for help once again - to keep the confusion I create at min.

Well at least that's the way I go.

Well If you look at the video, it's animated ;) Anyway not finished need to deal with that wood part.

That's why I wanted to become smith to forge the dragon mint myself. I see I stay confused. :)

The animation finally was what reminded me of old hammermills ('Hammerschmiede').

still feel I'm not able to program anything.

Most of the time it's just like staring at a giant wave as seen from a ship. Looks really frightening at first, but once you're into it, it raises you to new heights.

Edit: I don't mean tsunamis here!! Be ware! There might be people out there that lost beloved ones in such waves. I talked about a ship on giant waves.

Edited by Hephaestion

Awesome! I liked it before, but now the roof looks much better and the (garden) walls ... and even more props .. say, may I take a seat in this tavern .. äh mint? :D:sword_rune:

Edit: And the main facade .. really brilliant. Thanks Enrique and Stan!!

Edited by Hephaestion