An idea to get more money

ribasvilanova

Hi everyone,

I'm Jaume from Mallorca (Spain), but I'm living in Barcelona. I've just entered the 0 A.D. project and I think it's fun.

I have and idea which you should wander about. Why don't we sell mershandising (such as T-shirts) to collect more money? To donate is great, but there's people who also want to recieve something.

I hope you like this and we can discuss about that.

Thanks all.

The cost would have to be significantly higher than the printing, material to generate any sort of profit. Then you run the risk of not selling any to all of them at all, which plays at a loss.

My advice going the merchandise rout, is that this gets done via order first before stock is purchased.

I think it's a fair idea though.

The cost would have to be significantly higher than the printing, material to generate any sort of profit.

Yes, I agree. Although, donatting 5 and recieving 'nothing' is different from donatting 12, 15 or 20 and recieving a great customized T-shirt.

My advice going the merchandise rout, is that this gets done via order first before stock is purchased.

I totally agree.

There was a fundraiser some months ago, and one of the perks was a t-shirt. We won't just start to do merchandising, as it costs way too much management time.

Ok, so you only do mershandising in specific funraisers, but not an undefined system of collecting more donations. Am I right?

Ok, you refer to the crowfounding campaings. Now I get it. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-0-a-d-an-open-source-strategy-game/