where and how [Linux Mint]

Lion.Kanzen

where can find this or get?

Dependencies
First you need to install various standard tools and development libraries:

• Boost
  • CMake (only needed if you use bundled NVTT)
  • GCC (at least 4.0, preferably 4.3 or later)
  • libcurl
  • libgloox (needed for the lobby; pass --without-lobby to update-workspaces.sh to exclude the lobby)
  • libogg
  • libpng
  • libvorbis
  • libxcursor
  • libxml2
  • OpenAL
  • OpenGL
  • Patch (Not installed by default in Fedora 17)
  • SDL
  • Subversion (or git if you want to use the Git mirror; see below)
  • zip (only needed if you use bundled spidermonkey)
  • zlib

Have a look here Lion http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux copy/paste the text box under Debian 7 into a terminal then enter your user password and the needed packages will be downloaded and installed.Follow the rest of the instructions if you run into trouble just post your problem someone is sure to know what went wrong ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

Have a look here Lion http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux copy/paste the text box under Debian 7 into a terminal then enter your user password and the needed packages will be downloaded and installed.Follow the rest of the instructions if you run into trouble just post your problem someone is sure to know what went wrong ;)

why Debian Hahaha, linux mint confuse me some times. But I do. I why the last version in mint is alpha 14?

And how I get the SVN in mint? Mint is disappoint me a lot(an average user)

now I see... was the first I DO. But the first time I was get a error now indeed, it's work, very weird. Thanks.

I think Mint is similar to Ubuntu, so you could try the instructions for that.

Since you seem to be compiling yourself, get the version you want from svn/git

Actually i get Ubuntu. Its worst than Ubuntu for me. I'm not Linux user this was my second try to Linux but was best than first, now I'm installing Ubuntu. Because the password manager had a error and that was the reason, I can fix yeah but that never can be happen.

And prefer use Ubuntu.

why Debian Hahaha, linux mint confuse me some times. But I do. I why the last version in mint is alpha 14?

And how I get the SVN in mint? Mint is disappoint me a lot(an average user)

Ubuntu is updated twice a year, in October and April. Mint is based on Ubuntu (at least their main version), so they update their version a bit after the Ubuntu update (normally about a month later). But with most software versions directly from Ubuntu. As in October, A14 was the most recent version, that's the one you will find in Ubuntu and Mint.

During those 6 months between releases, only bugfixes or security problems get updated. No new features.

Also, because Ubuntu is based on Debian, they take most of their software from the Debian repos. So if you release software in October, it won't make it into the October version of Ubuntu.

• Like 1

ok now from Ubuntu

what mean this and what I can do?

ERROR: NVTT build failed

What build options did you use? Plain "build_workspaces", or make with some other options?

You should check the dependencies (if you use system nvtt, you must make sure it's installed), and give the complete log if possible.

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev \

libboost-signals-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libgloox-dev \

libjpeg-dev libminiupnpc-dev libmozjs185-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev \

libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl-dev libvorbis-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev \

libxcursor-dev libxml2-dev subversion zlib1g-dev

I paste that and

Más reciente means, more recent update

Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho

Creando árbol de dependencias

Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho

Nota, seleccionando «libpng12-dev» en lugar de «libpng-dev»

Nota, seleccionando «libsdl1.2-dev» en lugar de «libsdl-dev»

build-essential ya está en su versión más reciente.

libboost-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libboost-filesystem-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libjpeg-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libminiupnpc-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libogg-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libpng12-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libsdl1.2-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libvorbis-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libxcursor-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libxml2-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

subversion ya está en su versión más reciente.

zlib1g-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libboost-signals-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libenet-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libmozjs185-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libnvtt-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libopenal-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libcurl4-gnutls-dev ya está en su versión más reciente.

libwxgtk2.8-dev ya está en su versión más recient

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev \

libboost-signals-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libgloox-dev \

libjpeg-dev libminiupnpc-dev libmozjs185-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev \

libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl-dev libvorbis-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev \

libxcursor-dev libxml2-dev subversion zlib1g-dev

I paste that and

Más reciente means, more recent update

The wiki says:

• With that dependencies you have to run update-workspaces.sh with --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-mozjs185 --with-system-nvtt flags.

The wiki says:

• With that dependencies you have to run update-workspaces.sh with --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-mozjs185 --with-system-nvtt flags.
where I found that?

Sorry even im not sure what im doing. Is like try to Walk in water. But i want test if the game is more optimized in Linux.

i'm glad you're doing all this testing, Lion, 'cause i will have to switch my XP computer to linux before April 8th

Let me know what your choice is and how to install the game on it

I need take some time for install the libraries. Can be helpful if the main team help the user with that external. I'm not expert in linux I'm like Colombus crossing the Atlatinc sea. Never I do this before and linux is mysterious OS for me.

It's not that different Lion it is a evolution of Unix and the Mac OSX is actually build on top of a Unix variant BSD there are lots of sites that have Linux tutorials I have found RUTE Root User's Tutorial and Exposition http://linux.2038bug.com/rute-home.html to very useful over the years it will give you the basics and more when you feel ready for them.

It's not that different Lion it is a evolution of Unix and the Mac OSX is actually build on top of a Unix variant BSD there are lots of sites that have Linux tutorials I have found RUTE Root User's Tutorial and Exposition http://linux.2038bug.com/rute-home.html to very useful over the years it will give you the basics and more when you feel ready for them.

but I never use Unix. I'm not IT guy. Mac OSX have some differences. It's more practical for some things and unpractical for other (snow leopard).

where I found that?

Sorry even im not sure what im doing. Is like try to Walk in water. But i want test if the game is more optimized in Linux.

Read carefully the linux building section: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux

You should replace the call to

./update-workspaces.shin the building section with the one suggested in the Debian section. If you have problem pastethe error and all previous commands you did before that.

Here is basically what the wiki has but step by step for Ubuntu or Mint specifically.

1. Open a Terminal

2. This will download and install the required dependencies:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev   \    libboost-signals-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libgloox-dev       \    libjpeg-dev libminiupnpc-dev libmozjs185-dev libnvtt-dev libogg-dev     \    libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl-dev libvorbis-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev       \    libxcursor-dev libxml2-dev subversion zlib1g-dev

3. Use subversion to download the source. This will create a 0ad folder in your home directory and put all the source code in it.

svn co http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

4. Change to the workspaces directory

cd 0ad/build/workspaces

5. Run the update-workspaces script

./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-enet --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-mozjs185 --with-system-nvtt

6. Change into the gcc directory

cd gcc

7. Run make

make

8. Change back to the 0ad directory

cd ~/0ad

9. Try running the game

./binaries/system/pyrogenesis