Animation in 3dsmax to be imported in 0.A.D

I'll check out your file later, but here is a video tut about setting up hierarchies in max:

Props don't have to be made out of dummy helpers, they could be made out of geometry (like a box). I just preferred using helpers because you could filter out your selection criteria. Sometimes I would want to only select geometry or only select helpers. If my prop was a geometry type, I couldn't discriminate between the two.

I'll check out your file later, but here is a video tut about setting up hierarchies in max:

Props don't have to be made out of dummy helpers, they could be made out of geometry (like a box). I just preferred using helpers because you could filter out your selection criteria. Sometimes I would want to only select geometry or only select helpers. If my prop was a geometry type, I couldn't discriminate between the two.

Thanks for this, finally fixed the theatron foundations.

A few question about animations. Now that I've got the max file, what Should I do to have it in the game, Is it the same process as building importation ? Also what is the "base" for ?

Thanks for this, finally fixed the theatron foundations.

A few question about animations. Now that I've got the max file, what Should I do to have it in the game, Is it the same process as building importation ? Also what is the "base" for ?

I can point you to more 3dmax youtube tutorials and videos. I think I even have a dvd somewhere (or used too). I'd like to get you to successfully export a .dae file. Why don't you try exporting a .dae from that ox cart max file I sent you and try to replace the chariot file again. Let see what breaks ;)

Enrique would like to try exporting a humanoid .dae file as well. I think you could help us with that :) If we can get the ox cart working. Lets try this next. How is your documentation of all this going?

EDIT: Nevermind - you and Enrique are already on it!

Edited by Wijitmaker
  • Like 1