The Council of Modders

Romulus

I don't like the signature to be too modernistic. (Who is the T guy?)

Marble give a nice soft distortion of the background and is a material that was often used in ancient times. + is a material that is often used for plaquettes. Also marble opens the way to some nice text effects. But in fact it hasn't necessarily to be marble.

Associations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey

"Gray is solid and stable, creating a sense of calm and composure, relief from a chaotic world."

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-gray.html

Thamllet im bad memorizing nicknames haha.

Yeah that why I put that example I need in our words how can be. I use you wants something between ancient or something minimalistic

Yeah the gray is not a color. But if you look fine I'm imitating the banner of stanislas.

Is not finish yet but is important do it the structure and show if in the design work are conform with your will.

If you guys have a example that you want even a interface style can be adaptive to our banner

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

@All Councilors

As I said, I would forward a request for our sub, and I have.

To also be transparent for the council, here's my submitted request.

Hi feneur

Today I'm submitting a request to you on behalf of CoM to have a sub directory tree made.

For reasons that are proving to highlight our need for this, amongst them include; A, most importantly a space that's orderly in which to better run and facilitate the council, it's members and it's tasks. I initially, when we last had our discussion, wanted one for my mod. But indeed, the importance of the council far outweighs the importance of that.

I see this council as a perfect way to strengthen our aims and ideas and by uniting everybody working on their ideas, we have a catalyst of enthusiasm, and drive, that ties all of our minds in one sync and we all able to achieve our ideas collectively.

What I invariably want to achieve with this council, is to encourage more and more people to mod, and possibly promote the game more. And because 0 A.D. Is one the of the most beautiful RTSs I've seen and played, I see loads of potential. From playing this game, my ideas and vision for these possibilities ran wild. Then I discovered other people also had amazing ideas too. But I saw them struggling, not just with implementing their ideas, but their teams falling apart.

I saw many things wrong here, and having seen to few members working on them, I knew there's a better way to solve that.

CoM is now here, a hybrid team composed of many, but as a management team which still keeps their teams in check, but as a council we now take on a new role, and that is to ensure that the pillars stand. So in a way CoM is basically there to support the structure of everyone and we all work as one team.

C for creativity and M is marble for strength

Creativity in marble for strength.

So effectively I wanted to contribute to 0 A.D., now I'm doing it, my way. But not quite there yet, but I'm sure given enough time, things may change for the better :)

So here is the structure we agreed on:

/Council of Modders

/Projects

-/1,000 A.D.

-/Aristeia

-/ROME

/Announcements

/General

Topics:

- general discussion and ideas

- FAQ

- recruitment

/Game Dev

Topics:

- Bug reports

- Programming tasks tracking

- technical discussion

/Art Dev

Topics:

- Art task tracking

- Fan art

/Tutorials & Guides

/Project Managment

• Like 1

Didn't realise until now: :D Thank you feneur.

The Council of Modders - Come take a seat!

Creativity in Marble for Strength - Lorem Virtus enim Marmor.

It has already begun without my humble self being part of it ... it's time to move some content from this thread and carefully place references to the most recent version. This is the template I used:

[size=7]For a more up to date version, see: [url=http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18399] -> CoM - Collection of Ideas <-[/url][/size]
(only working per copy & paste if you switch into raw mode, i.e. BBCode mode, the switch on the very top left of the editor's header.)

I don't mind to put my mods sub on hold.

Agreed. It's superfluous currently as I'm occupied with more generic features/mods currently.
Now the 0 A.D. community gave us both. This is a reason to be motivated. My gratitude to all. :gandalf_w:
  • Like 2

@Lion.Kanzen

Could you perhaps ask Zophim to tell something about him in this topic, so we can get an idea on what kind of team member he is.

:scratch_one-s_head: Any of my fellow modders can contact me directly through WFG PM's or through my email address, which is listed on my profile page. But to address this question, I am at the moment, as far as I know, the primary researcher for Aristeia (and basically an Aristeia co-leader as well).

I think what Lion was trying to say is that, is Zophim going to join the Council?

Lion.Kanzen is co-owner of Arestia, but I don't fully believe that project has been fully annexed under CoM. Whilst a few members of that project have joined CoM, others have not fully integrated.

Somewhere those decisions have to be discussed and concluded. Then we resolve the project so it can operate with no discord, and confusion.

Thanks Zophim for all the research. Aren't all modders already integrated? More or less is not that important.

I feel the umbrella is wider than simply being member or not. The mission unites us. The Council keeps things orderly and together and gives us the moral boost we need to make things happen.

The others might currently have no time or might be disappointed that RedFox and Philip are gone ... not sure if Philip is still around, it's all quite confusing, but well ... if we work hard enough, then perhaps many might come back. So this is just heightening the moral even more.

Edited by Hephaestion

@thamlett:

BTW: any thoughts on getting a domain name? 0adcom.com (0 A. D. Council of Modders) is available, as is councilofmodders.com, and so is 0ad.technology if we really wanted it.@niektbdo you want purple curtains behind it too :)?.com domain is paid isn't it? Plus a page on moddb and such sites would be enough I suppose.I don't need purple curtains. :)
i wouldn't really mind paying for it myself, i just wanted some opinions on which domain nameand i will try the different effects on the signature when i get back to my main computer (i'm doing some volunteer sysadmin work right now in another part of the city)
I thought a bit about our art workflow and organisation. The binary handling shortcomings of Git come into mind. So as I have a bit of webspace and have my machine mercurial (Hg) repository there, we could store our artwork in something like this too.Conclusion: If we really acquire a domain for recruiting or any purposes the Council desires. Then I'd like to take a pack where some 2..4GB webspace are included. It's not much more expensive. And we have the chance to add some scripts that make our lives even easier. That's not possible on Git currently.Of course all the software can stay on Git ...I just wanted to note this before you really decide to buy anything. Still not recommended to do this at all. :D
We could put the monthly money aside instead. I would pledge 2..4/month for as long as I'm involved. We could use this to convince even more recruits that we're meaning it seriously. (If you put aside monthly money, you are serious, not?)Apart from attracting modders it could also serve for convincing GaiaClary or CampbellBarton to work this one hour to fix 3DSMax to blender compatibility.In Open source ecology we're doing this already. And we have 1500 aside in Germany ... and many thousands in the international department.

Its not necessary, I have thought about it when we had our SF established, but then I chose not to put it in there. Because some guests might find this and choose to sign up.

So, now the way that I see it, I'd hate for this thread to die. So I changed my mind :)

I think what Lion was trying to say is that, is Zophim going to join the Council?

Yes, he is! :D What's my first order of business?

Is very old mode than Mellenium (nomolester re butty this one) Atemneses50 is mostly wonder than me. But agree. Idanwin not answers to us?

Whatever happened to Atenmeses, by the way?

• Like 1

@Zophim

Well currently, you might want to check out:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18417

It involves a debate whether or not the Rome project must implement attic helmets for elite units (e.g. Generals, preatorians, primis pillus).

I haven't closed the topic off, as I feel it isn't really resolved. There seems to be shadows in historical references to which suggests they never used them, whereas, pottery and pictographs suggests they did.

So yeah currently that is the controversial task open at the moment.

I also shall include you in our PM :)

Edited by Romulus

• 3 weeks later...

Some important updates made by CoM

For the latest official status report here:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18480

For the updated CoM staff structure:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18479

If you are a guest and or a member and you wish to join the Council and contribute to 0 A.D., please submit your request here:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18412&page=3#entry288802

Edited by Romulus

• 6 months later...

I noticed a few other pyrogenesis games:

http://www.moddb.com/games/red-march

http://www.moddb.com/games/byzen

We might want to contact their devs and see if we can adopt parts of their code (Byzen for example features a campaign or at least should)

Red march isn't very far in progress but who knows.

Hi, I'm Emiliano Galmarini (Jimmy :D) and i the leader proyect of Byzen! if u need to contact me, send me a mail or post me here :)

I noticed a few other pyrogenesis games:http://www.moddb.com/games/red-marchhttp://www.moddb.com/games/byzen

We might want to contact their devs and see if we can adopt parts of their code (Byzen for example features a campaign or at least should)

Red march isn't very far in progress but who knows.

Hi, I'm Emiliano Galmarini (Jimmy :D) and i the leader proyect of Byzen! if u need to contact me, send me a mail or post me here :)

so you are, Bienvenido , you speak Spanish don't you? Your mod is about Uruguay in century 19th and some Latinamericant

Battles

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so you are, Bienvenido , you speak Spanish don't you? Your mod is about Uruguay in century 19th and some Latinamericant

Battles

Yes! we are working in this "mod" since 2011. We going to resease Byzen next month probably with the source code. but we need help to finish the idea of the campaign mode XD haha